• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

Realistic Expectations

It is right that expectations are based on the capital you are investing, the skill and the knowledge you have and the time you are giving at trading. But because of some uncertainty there would be some change at expectations.

It is right that expectations are based on the capital you are investing, the skill and the knowledge you have and the time you are giving at trading. But because of some uncertainty there would be some change at expectations.

Yeah thats right. Likeaiming at perhaps making 30percent pf your initial capital is pretty cool because thats much more possible than I do see some people who are aiming at making 200percent of their initial capital which sounds unrealistic. When we have an unrealistic expectation it often leads to going in searche for so called "powerful money making strategies"

Yeah thats right. Likeaiming at perhaps making 30percent pf your initial capital is pretty cool because thats much more possible than I do see some people who are aiming at making 200percent of their initial capital which sounds unrealistic. When we have an unrealistic expectation it often leads to going in searche for so called "powerful money making strategies"

Yes, making 30% daily is realistic expectation. But I think that making 100% daily is also realistic. I am saying this on the basis of some calculation. Example: if I am investing $10, if I am using the leverage of 1:500, then i can trade upto 5000 bucks. So isn't it quite easy to earn just 20 bucks a day.? Yes, there is risk. But if there is confidence and knowledge about trade, then profit can be made. If not then we will even make loss at simple trade. I have done this sometimes.

Yes, making 30% daily is realistic expectation. But I think that making 100% daily is also realistic. I am saying this on the basis of some calculation. Example: if I am investing $10, if I am using the leverage of 1:500, then i can trade upto 5000 bucks. So isn't it quite easy to earn just 20 bucks a day.? Yes, there is risk. But if there is confidence and knowledge about trade, then profit can be made. If not then we will even make loss at simple trade. I have done this sometimes.

You think that easy. Well, if you have to trade with leverage then you will have to be in when they maket will be going up and up because just a bit back wards can drain down the money because when you are trading with leverage you positions are quite exposed to risk and when it happens it happens fast like a lighten.

You think that easy. Well, if you have to trade with leverage then you will have to be in when they maket will be going up and up because just a bit back wards can drain down the money because when you are trading with leverage you positions are quite exposed to risk and when it happens it happens fast like a lighten.

Yes, i agree with you. Using the leverage increases the risk factor very much. And 1 pip loss can be a huge amount of loss. So it is always preferred to use leverage at only up rise market.

As a new trader your expectations are quite high. You want to start making money immediately without even getting all the required knowledge. To trade forex, cannot be overemphasised. It is the most important before profiting.

Yes, you will have high expectations in Forex trading from what you've seen or heard in the successful traders. But then, the traders soon realize that it's not they will expect in the end that they are possible to not have achieve profitable trading. And yet, leverage or capital should match in our target plans.

Yes, i agree with you. Using the leverage increases the risk factor very much. And 1 pip loss can be a huge amount of loss. So it is always preferred to use leverage at only up rise market.

Yeah you are right, when someone makes use of leverage mostly higher amount of it a pips backward could be equivalent to 20 pips loss and that will make it more faster on lossing. Therefore we should have our expectations within the range of our capital, knowledge and skills.

Yeah you are right, when someone makes use of leverage mostly higher amount of it a pips backward could be equivalent to 20 pips loss and that will make it more faster on lossing. Therefore we should have our expectations within the range of our capital, knowledge and skills.

Yes, it is true. Everyone should make expectations according his range of capital, knowledge and skills. It keeps you risk free most of the time. Leverage should be used when it the market is low and is going upward.

Yes, it is true. Everyone should make expectations according his range of capital, knowledge and skills. It keeps you risk free most of the time. Leverage should be used when it the market is low and is going upward.
if I am being asked I will even say that the leverage should be more beneficiary to the scalper traders because they do take advantage of the market volatile time and the trade based on seconds so they can have a great benefits but their expectation are usual on small amount.

if I am being asked I will even say that the leverage should be more beneficiary to the scalper traders because they do take advantage of the market volatile time and the trade based on seconds so they can have a great benefits but their expectation are usual on small amount.

Well, it is true. But I don't think that there is any harm if any trader is using leverage anytime not only while scalping. Anybody can take advantage of it.

Well, it is true. But I don't think that there is any harm if any trader is using leverage anytime not only while scalping. Anybody can take advantage of it.

Me too I dont think so but perhaps there are sort of more advantages to the scalpers and more disadvantages to other long term trader. Since the scalper trader will be trading when there the market is volatile he will be at the more advantages than the longterm traders whose position suffers both bullish and bearish movements.

Some traders think that they will become rich in few months in forex business..i will say they are thinking wrong..Forex trading is not as easy as they think..it is very risky business if you can get big profit in this business you also can get big lose in this business..

I think realistically you can expect to make up to like 90 pips per day on intraday trade and about around fifty to sixty pips on long term scalping. You can make up to forty pips on scalping or below. Those are realistic results that I have for my trading. The longer the trade is open the more pips in profit so try at least intraday trading as it will pay off more so than scalping.

Well, realistic expectations for each trader are different, i cannot say that mine is realistic but the other is not. In the end what we should is to choose the best expectation that also we can reach based on our own current skills , if they force themselves it means that is not even realistic.

Though yes but in a more generalized form, there is that which sounds reasonably fair to any trader that hears about your Forex aims and aspirations. Those who set targets for themselves usually work to achieve same even if it means increasing the amount of time they trade. A trader who aims at a monthly income of 20% or less wouldn't be seen as over demanding or just being overly expectant no matter the angle you see it from.

Success in forex trading depends on trading strategy, patience, mind control and dedication. While trading strategy can be fine tuned or created within weeks, the rest of the virtues can be attained only through determination. It may takes several months to become a disciplined trader. Only a handful of traders survive the initial period of frustration and disappointment. Even less make little profits. Beginners should not expect huge profits straight away from forex trading. Such expectations would only put additional stress on them. It is better to concentrate on consistency in making profits. That will only allow a trader to build the capital.

Most of the times, newbies feel they are under obligation to make it. To them, they feel that there would be such a time when the money would probably stop coming. The incessant losses that traders get are mainly caused by themselves to some extent.

Success in Forex requires a trader to spread it across a more lengthy period rather than concentrate it and hope to achieve same within a short period of time. A trader's expectations should always be in line with his level of experience.

Success in forex trading depends on trading strategy, patience, mind control and dedication. While trading strategy can be fine tuned or created within weeks, the rest of the virtues can be attained only through determination. It may takes several months to become a disciplined trader. Only a handful of traders survive the initial period of frustration and disappointment. Even less make little profits. Beginners should not expect huge profits straight away from forex trading. Such expectations would only put additional stress on them. It is better to concentrate on consistency in making profits. That will only allow a trader to build the capital.
I agree with you. When a trader is patient, the trader is going to achieve what he or she wants. If that expectation is not set to be a very high one and the trader is not being greedy, he or she will get it with a matter of time.

I think, below 10% is a realistic monthly target! But I see, a number of retail traders trying to make unrealistic profit here like 100% even more, yes it’s their monthly target!