• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

Realistic Expectations

What are realistic expectations for beginning traders regarding possible earnings?

Some traders come to forex and expect to get rich in couple of months, so what would you tell them?

It is wise to keep the expecctations at checck because most of the time people are going to be having some of the problems with the people. that said, if you have unrealistic expectations we have to deal with money making part, that is the point of the forex trading market.

expectation should set based on the system performance and I am sure every traders have own system and already test it to know how the winning and loosing percentage. if the system able to generate 60% winning percentage per month, I think traders should set their expectation based on those number and its realistic way.

We should always have realistic expectations from Forex. Expecting to double or triple our capital induces us to take high risks which is not healthy for our capital. Realistic expectations and emphasizing the safety of our capital is what makes a good planning and trading strategies.

yes, this is related with good risk management plan. no wrong indeed set high expectation, but if it will cost our account healthy, better we keep stick with low expectation. can be sure if traders not expecting high, they will get profit often than they choose to hold an order position to waiting bigger profit.

With the help of the proper risk management we can handle and monitor the possible losses and gain more profits. And yet, our target profits will depends on the setup we will have in our trading and also depends on our trading capital we have in our trading accounts.

What are realistic expectations for beginning traders regarding possible earnings?

Some traders come to forex and expect to get rich in couple of months, so what would you tell them?

Well, for people just starting out, even breaking even is a good goal to aim for. Or maybe just being able to turn a profit. nothing big and too unrealistic.

not much, i mean just set about 5% of your capital, in one week if you trade daily. since we don't know what happening lowering our expectation is the best way for you if you are still newbie but if you gained more confidence i think raise it to 10%-50% profit for one month, is reasonable thing to expect and it will reflect to your realistic trading.

Thus, you will set here your risk level and to not expect to much for your trading. And don't aim for a higher target of profits if we can't see it's suitable or appropriate in our plan and in the market situations. We can't simply gain same profits in the market everyday so, we need to apply those realistic returns.

yes, this is related with good risk management plan. no wrong indeed set high expectation, but if it will cost our account healthy, better we keep stick with low expectation. can be sure if traders not expecting high, they will get profit often than they choose to hold an order position to waiting bigger profit.
I think it is better not to have too high expectations with our own dreams, i mean just choose the right plan for us to trade and be focus with trading, and make realistic profit for us, but if you see chance to make profit then analyze it first, because usually greediness will conquer us in that time.

Yes, I also agree, because see that setting much of our expectation can only lead us to more disappointments if ever the opposite happened but if not, I think our expectation will be change in level that we will or want to expect more for our trading or profits.

That is what i mean, many people have too much dream and when they have higher dream and falling down, they just cannot back once more, having a dream is good but i think having a realistic dream is better, with that you will maintain yourself so when you loss or dropped you won't have much problem with it.

A trader should create realistic expectations from forex. For example if I think to make $100 from $50 capital . It is hard to achieve I can put my original amount in high risk . With low amount we can just get low profits. With $1000 it is possible to have $100. So ever try to set your goals according to your capital , skill and market situation.

I think..you are right...i also agree with you. Beginners should maintain their greedy nature. Trade in sfe hands i:e with help expert broker which help you to trade safely.

Yes, it will not be only greed to think about but it will be the highly possible for just making losses. After all not all of us will achieve success for doing very risky trading like that 100-200% gain in short period of time. Thus, we should set our trading target profits into a low percentage for the low risks and to survive the market.

I think..you are right...i also agree with you. Beginners should maintain their greedy nature. Trade in sfe hands i:e with help expert broker which help you to trade safely.

That is right, if we can maintain our greedy as newbie then we already ready for the next step to become a great trader, so that is why i said it is better if we can control ours first, and then we can teach it to the other person, with the realistic expectation we also become more and more realistic when we trade in forex.

It's planned. So, our realistic expectations should be feasible with what we have in our trading. If we have the huge capital, we can expect that we can make huge profits as well having the same risks at stake and also that expectations to have failure or losses dramatically.

It is quite hard to set the expectations lately it would not be something that youo need to manage these days as you know that point with the forex is that if you don't get muhc of an interest with the forex you are going to lose the moey and funds for sure. that is what i see most of the time.

What is realistic expectations. That would depends on you. It's not the same for each of us. What be practical for one trader would be unrealistic to another because we have different level of skills and knowledge in forex trading. So we can actually increase those potential to earn well.

It will be our trading plans or the amount of profits we want to accomplish that we will consider ourselves as successful. But to make it feasible we should have the trading and have tested different strategy applying most of the stop loss with the take profit knowing that our target will be reachable in the average pips of the pairs or others.

[MENTION=13]indieover[/MENTION],I agree to what you have said,I don't think anything is realistic cos there are times that greed would work in here. So far you are a good trader,you can be greedy at a time and from the greed,you end up making profits.