• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

Stop Loss & Take Profit

Stop loss and take profit facility should never be avoided by a beginner. Stop loss price prevent capital erosion while take profit price prevents the trader from falling to greed. It takes a lot of time to identify perfect stop loss and take profit points. Only experience will enable the trader to succeed in using the facility perfectly. Till then, there will be a lot of times when the trader would see his order being taken out by a spike.

Stop Loss and Take Profit is a best option for those trader who do not want to spend much time in trading..stop loss is also play vital role to reduce big losses..

Stop loss and take profit facility should never be avoided by a beginner. Stop loss price prevent capital erosion while take profit price prevents the trader from falling to greed. It takes a lot of time to identify perfect stop loss and take profit points. Only experience will enable the trader to succeed in using the facility perfectly. Till then, there will be a lot of times when the trader would see his order being taken out by a spike.
Exactly as it is a very good way for us to safeguard our capital. It is a very useful tool in risk management. It is always ideal for traders at any point during trade. Sad though, the skills of setting stop loss is not something that is easily understood by the new traders as it could be technical sometimes.

The stoploss more essential same as the take profits but then I think it is more important for that who are not being able to monitor their trades, personally I would love having the my trade monitored manually and have my trade closed when I have reached my target or close it manually if there ain't chances of having the market back to my favour.

Well, truly saying that i never use stop loss. Because i get confused where to put the stop loss. Because i have seen that when the trade is going at loss it is going at high profit also. So i accept the challenge.

Well, truly saying that i never use stop loss. Because i get confused where to put the stop loss. Because i have seen that when the trade is going at loss it is going at high profit also. So i accept the challenge.

Then you are not an exprienced trader if you are you should not get confused one where to set your stop loss and take profits. But the, you can do that manually by watching on your trade manually the stop loss is more essentiak mostly when you are not going to have the time to monitor your positions.

Then you are not an exprienced trader if you are you should not get confused one where to set your stop loss and take profits. But the, you can do that manually by watching on your trade manually the stop loss is more essentiak mostly when you are not going to have the time to monitor your positions.

While trading i stay focus always. And i trade to earn money not to get the certificate of experienced trader. So i am quite ok with my trading. And it is my passion not profession. So i don't take that much headache.

While trading i stay focus always. And i trade to earn money not to get the certificate of experienced trader. So i am quite ok with my trading. And it is my passion not profession. So i don't take that much headache.

Sorry, never meant to hurt you but I meant that someone who trades that much will be able to have good exprience and will not be confused at some market situations. The stoploss is some how important to put some limit to what can be lossed.

Well, dear all you have to do is put it like 30 pips or so on sl and you should be fine cause if a trend is bullish it will not dip to 30 pips below unless you allow it too and you will see when it dips. You might not need sl when you're monitoring your trade. You can exit it yourself if you monitor it but just in case your computer shut down or you need to step away you can use it to protect your account if you have a lot of capital in it. I know I don't want total wipe out of my account. Ideally 10-40 pips below your purchasing price is good enough. You might want wider range to allow tp or bouncing in long term trading.

Well my dear, there are a thousand and one traders that find it difficult setting stop loss but that doesn't mean they are not knowledgeable in trading. Some may just have tried over time and failed while others would rather close trade themselves than utilize it. You can start learning it gradually in the Demo account by first trying to place it slightly below the retracement.

Well my dear, there are a thousand and one traders that find it difficult setting stop loss but that doesn't mean they are not knowledgeable in trading. Some may just have tried over time and failed while others would rather close trade themselves than utilize it. You can start learning it gradually in the Demo account by first trying to place it slightly below the retracement.
I agree with you and that is why a newbie trader should learn how to do many things in the demo account before coming to the live account. The stop loss and take profit are the important tools that the trader will be using to minimize the losses in his or her trading.

By set TP and SL, traders make their trades become automatic. They can leave the chart and do other thing and not necessary to monitoring the trades. Set TP mean traders have specific target in trading. While set SL enabling traders to prevent the capital going to get high reduce if they are open wrong positions.

Both of these feature are the most important feature that all traders should use, with Stop Loss and Take Profit we don't have to watch our position over and over again to cut the loss or cut the profit, we can simply set it and then close the terminal.

These two are ood tools for beginners specially . New traders can manage their trades easily and find their targeted profit . They choose stop loss what they can afford to loose. More loss is not possible when they use this tool in trading.

SL help traders to protect capital to not get high reduce when they are open wrong positions. However, difficult to point out the best stop loss level. It make many traders to do not set stop loss and choose to use manual cut loss. If traders have time to monitoring trades, no problem if they are conduct manual cut loss. But if traders have no time to monitoring trades, better if use and set stop loss tool.

Loss still possible with this feature, but at least you limited your loss, and hope that your price will go and hit Take Profit not Stop Loss, because that is estimation how much money you will loss there.

Sure, neither Stop Loss nor Take Profit guaranteess a trade without loss but it gives a trader a reason to safeguard his trades from possible threats of huge losses. There are of course those traders who rarely have need for it and to them, using either of them is not all that necessary.

Yes its very good to use stoploss and take profit if you really want to earn and safe your trade from bee n attack by the loss,
now I have no special occasion listed than for me to trade with stoploss just to secured my trade from loss

By set TP and SL, traders make their trades become automatic. They can leave the chart and do other thing and not necessary to monitoring the trades. Set TP mean traders have specific target in trading. While set SL enabling traders to prevent the capital going to get high reduce if they are open wrong positions.
I called it semi automatic trading, i always use this way when i trade because i already calculated how much money that i want to get and loss later, also from my own view, this way is the best because we can only monitored it for as long as 2 hours and then leave our posts or even close our metatrader.