• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

Stop Loss & Take Profit

usually we set the stop loss & take profit.but most of the time use take profit.stop loss also set.but maximum time forget to set or try to recover the loss from negative.usually i set the profit 30 pips & stop loss set 100Pips with my small lot.

Yes, S/L is very important in currency trading. Don’t forget to set that’s point where we learn our mistake and improve our skill. Setting S/L will protect our trading account from margin call.

Setting a stop loss is an integral part of successful trading. However I think it is ridiculous to set a stop loss of 10 pips because minor fluctuations can close our order. If we place a stop loss very near like 10 pips or 15 then a good order can be closed with a loss. I prefer to place a stop loss at least 30 pips away and usually place it from 30 to 80 pips depending upon the trading strategy.

It really depends on you and your methods. There's no calculations for the exact SL and TP because the market just doesn't work like that. So observe your trades (preferably a demo account) and learn from them and adjust your SL and TP accordingly.

Correct. There's no specific set up for your SL as it will be entirely differ or vary in your trading plans and in your target pips. We need indeed to know how volatile the market we are trading before, we can set what will be our T/P and S/L. And we always suggest that every trade will need to use this method as part of their risk management.

Yes, In my view SL is very much important in Forex trading. SL help you from huge loss. In trading sometime we do great mistake but for SL we stay safe. Therefore, without SL forex trading is very risky.

That is you have made the stop loss properly set to your trades But if not, it will still have you losses like continuously having reached of your stop loss and means slowly your account capital is continuously dropping because of the incorrect use of this stop loss or not have a good take profit.

Yeah you would have continuous loss if you would not have stop loss. I have loss a lot and hit mc because I have tried not using stop loss. And so now I would make sure that I would use stop loss every time.

I think the installation of stop loss and take profit are good at forex trading is to place stop loss greater distance away from the opening of trading positions and put up with a take profit position quite close to the opening of trading positions, due to the installation of the stop loss and take profit on the position will make the trade we can generate better profits and avoid losses from forex trading

Yeah you would have continuous loss if you would not have stop loss. I have loss a lot and hit mc because I have tried not using stop loss. And so now I would make sure that I would use stop loss every time.

If they did not properly handle their trades or simply not able to monitor their trades or even overcome with their emotions. And yet, we an use stop loss as optional and we have the option for that. But then, still we can see that this is going to be important when the times the risk management applied.

Using your strategy it need a very good market analysis . It is good to set take profit on lo w pips because market move towards your trading will bring early profit . If your analysis is bad then you can face a lot of loss because you set stop loss on 100 pips. With low lot too you should study market before using these two tools.Stop loss save you from unlimited loss.

Its good to have TP as lower spread but the problem is what will be your SL? Many do like to make good income in forex. I do like to earn good income in forex. But one thing I'm sure if I want to survive in forex for a long time I need to make sure I invest good amount of my time having good analysis.

There's no certain about the use of SL since, it will be our responsibility to know what will be our risk to be taken in our trades. Since, after all this will still be helpful for us who made mistakes in our trades and to still have chance to recover. Yes, if we want to survive the market particularly in reaching MC then, we must have stop loss.

I always use SL when i will trade in forex, since SL is a good feature that every forex broker offering to us, i really like it since it helps me so much to gain better earning and also minimize the risk that i get from each action that i do in Forex, and I agree with riddick that we must use it to survive from reaching MC.

That is you have made the stop loss properly set to your trades But if not, it will still have you losses like continuously having reached of your stop loss and means slowly your account capital is continuously dropping because of the incorrect use of this stop loss or not have a good take profit.

I agree a badly set stoploss often leads to bigger losses in the long run. For example, especially if you set your SL at a very low threshold, you're bound to exit trades as soon as there's even an inkling of a downward movement. This can be bad on very volatile markets where the prices go up and down extremely fast.

If you fail to use it properly in your trading but if we able to use it and managed to turn it as for the profits. Thus, applying only the right stop loss on the right strategy will be the key here. Don't just apply stop loss because you want to but to use it correctly based on our plan which makes it worthy.

In my view, stop loss and take profit always helps us to stay in our limit. Stop loss protect us from big loss and take profit give us our expecting profit.

I don't use SL anymore. I prefer to do hedging than to open SL. For me every thing that falls do bounce and every thing that goes up falls down. So what I need is that I just need to be a little patient as I'm sure in the long run I can end up making good income without any problem at all. That is if I have good skills to speak with.

For me, I feel more difficulty to have hedging. I wonder how to make it effective in our trading. But yes, stop loss here isn't really required but optional for the traders on what they think is better. Just in case that the stop loss is a tool for the circumstances that we might face bigger losses.

Its good to use sl and tp but all set of pips is different with every trades and every trader cause we all have different trades type and capital and size of the account so we can't just use someone else and think it will work for us. Now, also the trend is different for each trade and each traders so if a trend is going no where but up then there is no reason to set a tight sl or tp unless you see it going downhill and weak. You can exit and stop loss yourself. Your intuition as a trader will allow you to set it right for your type of risks. Not everyone is poor in forex.