• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

How long one should use demo?

Demo accounts are used to learn and understand trading concepts. The length of time someone spends on their demo account has nothing to do with it. You can use it to gain a deeper understanding of your trades at any time.

You cannot tell anyone for how long they must use a demo account because it’s a lot about their market understanding and if they don’t feel confident enough to trade in the live market, they must practice on a demo account.

Demo trading is done for self practice not because someone is going to punish you if you don’t want to do it. You will probably have to see that yourself for how long you wish to practice on a demo account.

No one can tell how much time you will be ready to take risks in the live market. You will have to determine that on your own on the basis of your knowledge and confidence gained. Try not to take any shortcuts and keep a trading journal to improve along the way.

That totally depends on how quick and comfortable a certain individual gets with understanding the market sentiment. A minimum of six months practice is proved to be worth it but it depends. Until you backtest and find the strategy that promises some profit, stay on demo.

That totally depends on how quick and comfortable a certain individual gets with understanding the market sentiment. A minimum of six months practice is proved to be worth it but it depends. Until you backtest and find the strategy that promises some profit, stay on demo.
Exactly, so long you trade with a broker that offers unlimited demo trades you should take full advantage, never be too hasty. I remember taking my time with the unlimited demo account from forexchief, even till date I still go back for practice.

Time doesn’t matter. You need to practise and learn trading. Once you are confident of yourself and are able to make consistent gains on demo you can switch.

If you want to be a successful trader, you should practise for at least 6-9 months in a demo account before going live. This will allow you to learn the ropes, test different strategies, and get a sense of how the markets work. Once you've mastered the fundamentals, you can open a real trading account and begin earning money.

If you want to be a successful trader, you should practise for at least 6-9 months in a demo account before going live. This will allow you to learn the ropes, test different strategies, and get a sense of how the markets work. Once you've mastered the fundamentals, you can open a real trading account and begin earning money.
True, and while we are practicing we can always try trading live with a small capital to test your hands on the market, especially as many brokers give bonus to compliment.

You should use a demo account as long as you need it. Make sure that you are fulfilling the purpose. Demo accounts are there to help you build a trading system and get familiar with how things process in the markeT. If you have accomplished that, you’re ready to step into the live market.

You should use a demo account as long as you need it. Make sure that you are fulfilling the purpose. Demo accounts are there to help you build a trading system and get familiar with how things process in the markeT. If you have accomplished that, you’re ready to step into the live market.
I couldn't more and you should know that it is different for everybody, so define yourself to know how long you should stay demo trading.

Demo trading is meant to make you familiar with the live market. When you feel that you have practised all that you could have, you must move to trading in the live market with a micro account.

Demo trading is useful for beginners to gain knowledge of how to trade and to clarify their fundamentals. You can use the demo account until you become familiar with trading. When you have a thorough understanding of trading, you can progress to a real trading account.

demo is really good for acquiring good knowledge and experience but we the traders dont believe the importance of this trading place at all.

If you are not confident in your trading skills and strategies, you should not go live. For me 3 months were enough to practice on demo.It differs from person to person.

Demo accounts allow you to trade without risking any real money, so you can experiment with different strategies and see what works best for you. However, it is important to remember that demo trading is not meant as a long-term strategy - it's only meant as an introduction to the world of forex trading. Imo, you should at least invest your 6 months in a demo account!

Last edited:
I agree with the OP. There is no definite time period to use a demo account. You can use it for as long as you want. But make sure your stay in a demo account should be worthwhile. If you are not serious, not following a plan, not making amendments in your strategy, not learning from your mistakes, it will not be fruitful.

It honestly depends on how long they need to be comfortable with understanding the process and how much time they require to strategize and plan. It can be anywhere from four to six months. No matter how much you practise on a demo account, it doesn’t give you the taste of real loss so you have to live true to figure out how to cross that obstacle when you get to it.

You should use for how long you are not sure about your knowledge as a beginner and then, your strategy as an experienced trader. I have been in the market for many years and there hasn’t been a day that I didn’t test my strategy on my demo account. It gives me the confidence to risk my money.