• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

Fixed or Floating Spreads???

Some companies provide fixed spreads, others floating, there are also some companies which provide both fixed and floating depending on the account type. What do you think, which is more beneficial? Personally I think that fixed spreads provide more transparent trading and besides with fixed ones you feel more secure, as you never think that maybe in the following moment the spread will change. What do you think about it?

It depends what trading strategy are you using. If you are a scalper then you should use a floating spread. For those who trade long term it does not matter so much. I think people are afraid of commissions and don`t know how to count it to calculate the trading cost.

I prefer fixed spread because I don't know any advantage of floating spread. Well, I think floating spread may cause trader to make bad entry, especially buy entry.

i much prefer fixed spread rather than floating spread because sometimes floating soread can widen regarding fast movement that is not good for hedging trading , sometimes spread could reach 30 to 40 pips, so for me fixed spread more safe

A trader should determine the nature of spread he requires based on the trading style. Fixed spread is suitable only for small traders who look for break outs. Floating spread is very much a requisite for scalpers. When there is no news, only traders using floating spreads are able to capitalize from the market. It is because they can easily enter and exit during calm hours when each and every pip movement takes a lot of time. For news based traders, fixed pips are a great boon. They can capitalize on the same very quickly.

Fixed spreads are just available at dealing-desk brokers, but generally dealing-desk brokers and their clients are of conflict interest. If you are a swing trader, you will see that spreads do not matter much.

i choose floating spreads but don't too much at most 5 pips, because usually my daily target only 10-20 pips, so reduced by 5 pips is not a big deal for me, and other reason i choose floating spreads because it is dynamic and all of NDD broker or ECN or STP brokers have floating spreads and not fixed.

I can offer Freshforex. They almost have no spreads on ECN account. In addition, on other accounts, you can use the promo Fresh Rebate 50%. With it you can get back up to 50 percent of spread. I've compared it with the similar promotions of other brokers. Grand Capital launched a loyalty program Payback. By its terms, the maximum bonus is $ 5.5 per lot, and this requires a continuous trading during month. In freshforex for 1 lot in the case of loss-making trades you can get $10. The difference is more than obvious.

Spreads is an important financial tool which an investor should consider when choosing a broker. Basically, for leading a profitable trading life we have to choose the broker which for all time make sure lowest trading spreads.

Mostly people use floating spreads. But some traders need Fixed spread for their strategy. So brokers like FXOptimax also offer that.

From all trading elements spreads is mainly considered as an important financial tool which an investor should consider when choosing a broker , if we want to get maximal result in Forex we the traders first of all have to make sure the broker which for all time ensures lowest trading spreads , because the broker can affects the result of our trading with certainly

Yes, I am also believe fixed trading spread service is much standard than floating trading spread! Basically, maximum market maker brokers are offering floating trading spread, in addition during volatile trading session they increase the size of trading spread! Besides I have seen almost all of regulated Forex brokers are providing fixed trading spread service!

Of course, I am comfortable with fixed trading spread! Because, this trading feature helps me to make my daily trading target with easy calculation! Besides, I am not interested to trade with high trading spreads! So, I avoid all of exotic trading instruments!

Why? With floating spread you can get slower spread, don't you think so?

Well different traders have different preference. Some like to calculate everything precisely. And although it is a bit high, fixed spread gives a trader the benefit of no sudden spread spike. I like the floating spread by the way.

One should make their choice based on their style of trading. For example for scalping a floating spread is more suitable, but for midterm a more fixed spread is better.