• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

Fixed or Floating Spreads???

Fixed spreads on the one hand allow you to know your spread cost beforehand and develop your strategy (either long-term or daily) simply. This allows for better price transparency and ultimately a more predictable cost assessment before you even start trading. Short term forex trading strategies involve making numerious trades in a short period of time – is much easier and more predictable using fixed spreads. By applying fixed spreads, you can greatly reduce the cost of trading. Fixed spreads offer no surprises, ensuring you can budget the costs of transactions well in advance. This will greatly improve your ability to manage costs over the course of your trading career.

Well having forexchief as a broker with variable spreads from 0 pips, you learn to prefer variable spreads because I strongly feel it's more suited to long-term traders who do not trade during news events. This way one can more consistently obtain a price that is in the lower range of the variable spread.
But then again it depends on the broker you use, because most either offer fixed or variable spreads unless we want to put this into consideration before we choose.

Last edited:
Floating spreads are very low, so I prefer them. If I don't make enough pip, fixed spreads are very high, which might not work well. If I want to use fixed spread, I will make sure it is a long trade where I aim to grab many pips.
We will need to make use of the Floating spreads in doing our trades correctly.

Many times during high liquidity, variable spreads are near to nothing, as with fxview I get near to 0.0 pips on many occasions in a day but with fixed spreads you have to pay certain pips no matter what. This is the reason I like floating spreads only and avoid volatile hours for best results. Besides that, I also make sure that the commissions are lower.

Spread is a weapon to those traders who strictly maintain risk management policy. Spread refers to the difference between ask and bid price. It is a commission taken by brokers. Low spread is always helpful for traders because it helps in increasing trading return.

Like leverage, spread is also an important issue and it lies between ask and bid price. Low spread is always expected by traders because high spread lowers the return rate.

Like leverage, spread is also an important issue and it lies between ask and bid price. Low spread is always expected by traders because high spread lowers the return rate.
I am doing my Forex Trading with the International Broker FXOpen :D
They have Low Spreads in Gold and Forex Pairs with USD.

image-2021-05-03-T10-20-15-460-Z.png

You a honest place to trade in! Make learning your top priority, I assure you of success in trading. Even though consistent money making becomes tough sometimes, however, it is possible if traders avoid trading when market is volatile. So, traders should focus on learning as much as possible.

When trading forex, you can choose to trade with fixed spreads or floating spreads. Fixed spreads are set by the broker and do not change based on market conditions. Floating spreads change with market conditions and tend to be wider than fixed spreads. When trading with floating spreads, it’s important to be aware of potential changes in price due to market conditions and volatility since they will impact your P/L adversely if you don’t take them into account when making trades.

I think both are good but I personally prefer floating spreads!

First and foremost, you have to avoid over-trading because it will reduce your equity day by day. Besides so, a trader must earn knack at how to analyze the market properly.