• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

Fear and greed

Fear and greed are the part of Forex business. There are any hardly trader who doesn't feel any fear and greed in Forex. But these two things are very harmful for trading. Because of these two things trader may not take proper decision and sometime take too much risk because of greed. That's why every trader should avoid these two things.

When the market starts working in your favour, greed is growing, and when you realize that you are losing you start feeling fear. Both emotions are harmful for your Forex trading, it's better remain with cold head.

I agree with TS here, Fear and Greed are something that we must get rid as fast as possible. Not to mention that many traders become a "Fallen One" just because of those two negative emotions, the best way to overcome or get rid of those things only by practice.

Sure, practice exposes a trader the more to get used to the trading environment. It is also almost normal to find a new trader always entertaining fear and this as I see is not a sign of weakness as he is bound to be fearful of the outcome of his investment. Certain times, we hardly deal with one of these emotions especially when we are being controlled by one of either consistent losses or profits.

Well, luckily, I do not fear as much and I can control my greed. I think most experienced traders have these two things under control. I think when they're inexperienced, they will not have it under control. Why fear? Its either you gain or lose. So, as long as you control your loss and risks, and capital you should be ok.

Both fear and greed should be reduced. However, as per my opinion, it should not be mitigated totally. This is because a certain amount of fear is very much necessary to emotionally force a trader to close position when it is necessary. Also, a small amount of fear cancels overconfidence that may grow in a person who experiences a series of profits. Similarly, a certain amount of greed, albeit small, is also necessary. This would only make a trader book profit at exact support or resistance level and not in between. Devoid of greed, a trader may book profit very quickly. Thus, a little amount of greed and fear within a trader would result in better performance.

When the market starts working in your favour, greed is growing, and when you realize that you are losing you start feeling fear. Both emotions are harmful for your Forex trading, it's better remain with cold head.
Yes, without doubt that most trader will feel something like that when they trade in forex, especially wht they already using a big lot, it will make them want to get more if the trend is going in their favour, but when it is not i am sure traders wil feel fear, and won't be consistent with their risk management.

We will always have those two things as long as we risks in forex. Its hard not to have those feelings. However as long as we learn how to control our risks well then we should be ok. We will not fear as much if we know how to contort our risks through money management and loss management. I also think experienced traders have less of those emotions since they have pass them long ago.

Fear and greed is the two part of a same coin. While trading it is obvious to get fear when the trade going at loss or to get greedy when the trade going to profit. It is very necessary to control such emotions.

I see the two things lying in opposite sites to each other. A greedy trader hardly fears about anything that would come out of his trade. He is always filled with confidence, call it over confidence and/or Ego but he trades with full assurance that he would make progress and success from his trades. Perhaps he would learn his lessons after some series of losses but for the meantime, his greed blindfolds him.

i need to tell you something when i start trading again now with forex i have written the both words greed and fear on a paper and put it in front of me to remember them when i am trading in my real account and even i am training with demo account

It is bad thing for any of the trader to have fear and greed. Emotional trading is very bad in the trading business and it can make any trader to lose. Whereas we should be expecting good thing and good result from our trading, we should not be greedy when trading.

Every human emotion there's definitely fear and greed, and this cannot be eliminated but can be controlled, and we must know the triggers that cause over fear and greed in every activity of trading forex

Good for you, but it is not necessary that everyone would be helped by your broker in a good way, thus I would never suggest a broker, instead I would suggest to participate in research process and select on your own.

My trading equity is more than 50K, but till now I use only 1$ trading lots size! Know why? Because, I know the reality of Forex trading business! I follow the terms and conditions of money management policies very keenly!

I think that an experienced trader is the one who learned to cope with these two problems. You can't be successful if you're led by fear or greed. But in most cases, these are "cured" with trading experience.

Forex trading remain as risky business and better as trader having strong psychology trading because this will good if any trader having knowledge and they can implemented all knowledge with fully discipline because forex trading system will need to running with discipline and avoid fear and greed on trading

Actually, there is nothing like 100% in Forex! That’s way, discipline is important here! We should control our emotions after losing our trades position, pro traders only focus on their process rather than result.

Yes right, forex trading is about possibility, making profit in forex market is required good skill and also experience, but also need high dedication to survive in forex business, because margin call account is like as enemy, sometime trader won`t to get margin call but condition enforced them must facing margin call, and this is also need good learning afterward

I agree with your opinion, a good trader is a combination of many skill sets! I know a professional Forex trader and I see, how much dedicated he is about his profession! Such as, he never open his trading chart without meditation.

I think that an experienced trader is the one who learned to cope with these two problems. You can't be successful if you're led by fear or greed. But in most cases, these are "cured" with trading experience.

You are right. Fear prevents you from entering a potentially profitable trade. And greed won't let you close a profitable trade. But these things can not be realized by reading for some people and they need to experience it to understand.

You are right. Fear prevents you from entering a potentially profitable trade. And greed won't let you close a profitable trade. But these things can not be realized by reading for some people and they need to experience it to understand.

Both are dangerous actually! Frankly, most of the new traders start their trading journey with the fear and greed! But, when they spend enough times on learning, then they can overcome this problem gradually.