• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

How to retain motivation?

Motivation is something that should come from within. It will be impossible to get motivated after listening to a motivation speech by someone. Of course, you will experience this sudden burst of energy for a short while but it will fade away quickly. So in the case of a forex trader, staying motivated comes from the passion to trade more than anything else. The trader gets motivation from trade wins and profits. But staying motivated in the absence of these things is totally up to the trader. I will suggest you trick your brain with some kind of reward each and every time you are putting effort in forex. It can be something really small like eating your favourite dish or something. In this way your brain will associate effort with reward even if you are not making profits in trade. Our brain will only lose interest in things in the absence of reward. So use this to your advantage and please remember that no trader can stay motivated 24/7. All of us feel down and lazy from time to time and it is absolutely fine to take a break in those times.

Forex trading can be tedious at times. Often, it gets difficult to motivate yourself to continue working towards building a successful career. A few techniques that help me motivate myself during my breakdown are:

Maintaining a trading journal to keep a check on my progress

Celebrating small wins
Practising yoga and meditation to maintain calm and peace throughout

No doubt, short term trading is more popular here! Scalping seems always an appreciable strategy to me because there are many people around the world who cannot trade Forex investing much more time. In that case, scalping can give them handsome amount of profit within a very short time.
agree with terms and condition. thanks for your nice reply.

Honestly I don’t think it is ideal to depend solely on motivation. It is better to build discipline and consistency as they will stay intact even when the motivation fades away. Some days we may not even feel like doing anything and let alone trading. But we must stay on track and work in order to succeed. So being disciplined is the most important thing for a forex trader.

There is no way to ignore your logics! Basically, self-assessment plays a vital role in developing traders’ trading. This process helps a trader finds out his own faults so he knows well in which areas he needs to work to develop.

Motivation will give you a reason to stay in the run. To run, you will have to work hard. If you have been in the market for some time, you would know how real these profits are and what effort they require a trader to put into the market. So, start doing what is required once you find your reason to stay in the market.

Make sure that you are taking breaks and not working yourself to the point of exhaustion. If you are feeling burnt out, it will be very difficult to maintain your motivation.

Success in trading requires a strong internal drive. To deal with it, you need to think like a trader. Traders can benefit from self-motivation.

Motivation is something that acts as a driving force and pushes us to keep trying and improving ourselves. A beginner surely needs a lot of motivation to start learning from scratch and develop their skills. But things get harder when we start trading for real. Our brain will be looking for rewards and the motivation will no longer serve us if we fail to meet our own expectations and profit targets. The only thing that can stop us from giving up in such situations is building trading discipline that keeps us on the right track no matter what. Patience and consistency is the key to success in forex trading.

I don’t think anything other than money can be a motivation for traders to keep trading. In spite of all the risks and challenges, it takes a big heart and a strong mind to trade and take losses.

I don’t think anything other than money can be a motivation for traders to keep trading. In spite of all the risks and challenges, it takes a big heart and a strong mind to trade and take losses.
We will need to use some of the Expert Motivation levels in doing the trades into the markets.

Be mentallys strong. Understand that you will not become a millionaire overnight. Consider forex trading to be a business. Doing so, you should anticipate to only become successful as you gain more experience. If you want to stay motivated, you must have the appropriate mindset. Constantly enhancing your knowledge of the forex market, so that you can gain a greater understanding of how they operate, will help you stay motivated.

Money secures the top position out of all the motivating factors you can think of to keep trading. Believe it or not, we are all here to reach financial freedom through trading.

Losses are disheartening and it’s best to take a break from trading if you can’t handle your losses. Come back only when you feel motivated and can handle losses.

You will have to keep trading to know what it is and what possible outcomes you can get. It’s not about what you read or expect to make. It’s about how well you understand things that inspire you to take a chance and make money.

Many new traders enter the market with lots of enthusiasm but they easily give up when things don’t go as smoothly as they planned. Determination and persistence is what we need to overcome these challenges in the initial period. You must learn to embrace the failures first in order to find success later. Our motive should not be profits instead it should be the ambition to become a skilled trader. Then we will always be motivated to keep on trading to get better.

To succeed in trading, traders should focus on developing strategies. Radom picking up of strategies won’t benefit you ultimately and so you have to prove them by applying on demo account.

Many newbies make silly mistakes like forgetting to take rest to refresh their minds and come back with new ideas. It is understandable that everyone enters the market to make profit, hence determination and hard work is necessary to achieve the desired goals.