• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

How many months you used DEMO?

Every person has different needs and according to their needs one should decide the number of months they want to spend on a demo account. You may take 3 months or more but make sure that you switch to a live account only when you are confident enough.

For around a month! I moved to micro trading instantly after demo trading. I think it’s better to practice in the live market than on a demo account that is nowhere similar to the live market conditions.

I have used my demo account for more than three months. Even after that, I was skeptical about entering the live market.

I have used my demo account for more than six months. I use it even now for back-testing my strategies.
The purpose of demo is to be familiar with the trading mechanism. Another purpose of demo is to test your strategy. Stay on demo as long as you find a proven method. Define your entry, exit, risk, reward and risk management policy on demo. Once you are convinced you can go for live trading.

I have practiced on my demo account for around two months. Though it is essential to have your hands on a demo account before starting live trade, you cannot become a trader unless you enter the real market.

The demo account is certainly useful, but it doesn’t evoke the same emotional response as a live account.
Backtesting can give you an idea about the strategy. But before trying on a live account, it is good to try on a demo account. Every trader should do some backtesting before trying the strategy on a live account. There is no point to lose money by trying on a live account.

I used my demo account for around 4 months and when I went live, it was not what I had seen on my demo account. The market was more volatile in the live market while on the demo account, it was comparatively stable.

I have spent almost 1 year in demos. As I know that without sufficient trading expertise this trading journey can be difficult as a trader may not be able to carry out all of his trading activities systematically due to lack of education and expertise. And for this reason, a trader must spend sufficient time in the acquisition of trading knowledge with the help of demo trading accounts.
Perfect; nice to see you have been using your demo so sincerely! Actually, most of the new traders try to make quick money here & they ignore the learning part initially! This is why, more than 95% traders are struggling here! By the way, I believe now you are enjoying your live trading experience!

Well, initially my target was around 3-5 months but after that reason I understood, it’s not enough actually! Then restart my learning process in demo! In total I used my demo for 15 months; yeah it took such a long time to learn Forex!

Well, initially my target was around 3-5 months but after that reason I understood, it’s not enough actually! Then restart my learning process in demo! In total I used my demo for 15 months; yeah it took such a long time to learn Forex!
We will need to start doing a lot of practice in this business so that the results can be obtained by us.

More than onw year! By the way, Innovation of new strategies leads to the advancement in trading. A good trading strategy is compared to an asset because it gives them profit on a regular basis. But, traders’ intention is different and they always try to make a quick buck. However, make sure your strategy is proven.