• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

Which is more profitable-short term trading or long term trading?

When I was a new trader then I used only short term trading but right now, I use both I mean short-term as well as long-term trading! Interesting point is, my trading strategy produces both kind of trading position here, so I am an active trader in both side.

Both the trading strategies have equal opportunities in an effort to make a profit, will depend on traders who do it, could not be compared only from the side of the trading time.

It's probably impossible to tell which trading style is profitable. You should choose the one that works out for you and that brings money. Long-term trading will get you rare but, probably, larger profits, whereas short-term profits will be more often but smaller.

I consider the vast majority of us agree to the route that there is constantly need of both ways, we need to guarantee we do scalping when time comes and nearly we need to do long term trading as well. True to say it depends on you. You have to find out what works for you.

I consider the vast majority of us agree to the route that there is constantly need of both ways, we need to guarantee we do scalping when time comes and nearly we need to do long term trading as well. True to say it depends on you. You have to find out what works for you.

Exactly, consistency is the key! Even, if you daily return is tiny amount but your monthly return will be healthy enough because of your consistency. So, we traders need to focus on consistency in our trading.

The short term trading is not a best thing if you wanted a huge profit. There are many chances that you lose your money. You must have to do a long-term trading if you wants a long-term profit. You can also make a stop loss to save yourself from huge loss.

The short term trading is not a best thing if you wanted a huge profit. There are many chances that you lose your money. You must have to do a long-term trading if you wants a long-term profit. You can also make a stop loss to save yourself from huge loss.

According to me, part time trading is challenging not the short term; since I know many scalpers who are using this money earning opportunity as their major.

Long term trading is more profitable, but the risk is greater. If you don't set stop loss in a moderate level, you could lose a lot, since you don't stick around to monitor the trade. The market could sway against in minutes that you take your eyes away. I prefer scalping even though most brokers don't allow it. The reason is because they know traders make more money doing so. Tenkofx allows scalping anyway, so I go for it.

Honestly, there is no way without SL; whatever it is! You are the long term or short term trader that doesn’t mean much.

It is a very debateable topic. There are supporters on both side of the field. I will say that you should go for long-term trades. I have, majority of the time, find them more successful than short-term trading strategy. In the end, it all depends upon you. Give us your version.

Though it is essential to work with appropriate trading strategy, a forex trader can’t make any comparison between a short term trading strategy and a long term trading strategy. Both the trading strategies have different prospects and potential along with associated risks. But for a new baby I personally recommend short term trading strategy as a naïve trader should deal with lower risks at the initial level of his trading journey.

Though it is essential to work with appropriate trading strategy, a forex trader can’t make any comparison between a short term trading strategy and a long term trading strategy. Both the trading strategies have different prospects and potential along with associated risks. But for a new baby I personally recommend short term trading strategy as a naïve trader should deal with lower risks at the initial level of his trading journey.

Yes, short term trading systems are very much useful in this case; but traders need to update their trading skill regularly; personally my 1st choice is long term trading.

I would prefer long-term trading as it is less risky and indicators hold their strength on the charts of higher timeframe. You can trust the candlestick patterns only above the 4h charts. Do you people agree with me in this regard? I need your genuine replies!

I would prefer long-term trading as it is less risky and indicators hold their strength on the charts of higher timeframe. You can trust the candlestick patterns only above the 4h charts. Do you people agree with me in this regard? I need your genuine replies!

Yes, I do agree on your long time trading opinion. But personally I don’t like to use any trading indicator; whatever it is default or custom. For me, only price action and news analysis; a perfect combo.

Small retail traders can not make decent profit long term trading. People with large amount of money are more suitable for long term trading in my opinion.

Small retail traders can not make decent profit long term trading. People with large amount of money are more suitable for long term trading in my opinion.
Yes mate, long term trading is not much profitable for the retail traders! That’s why, almost all of retails traders are doing scalping trading mainly.

A trader can earn good profit from the exchange of different currencies by taking the advantage of price fluctuations of diverse currency pairs. It is true that both the horizon can provide a trader good profit if he can manage his funds properly. But a trader should try to choose his desired trading horizon as per his trading requirements. No matter whether a trader will work on short term or longer term will greatly dependent on his trading strategies.

Yes mate, long term trading is not much profitable for the retail traders! That’s why, almost all of retails traders are doing scalping trading mainly.

Nope. I am not a scalper and I am not scalping. I do day trading. So swing trading, day trading and scalping are affordable options for retail traders.

Nope. I am not a scalper and I am not scalping. I do day trading. So swing trading, day trading and scalping are affordable options for retail traders.
Great, no doubt day trading is quite interesting! Thanks mate, for sharing your opinion on this issue. Have a good weekend.