• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

ECN or STP ?

Both are useful, I seem traders need to focus on regulation status mainly rather than their business model! Market maker brokers are costly, they block traders trading capital after making a decent Profit.

I think, traders need to select their trading platform in order to their own requirement! Such as, new traders should use education friendly trading platform, for good skilled Forex traders, flexible live trading facilities and features!

Which platform is more appropriate to the concept of scalping ? ECN or STP ? any advantage from one more
Both are useful, but complete STP broker is much better. Such a broker has lower spreads and execution speed. I use Forexchief broker, as far as I can tell, their platform is 100% favorable for scalping.

Last edited:
Both are useful, but complete STP broker is much better. Such a broker has lower spreads and execution speed. I use Forexchief broker, as far as I can tell, their platform is 100% favorable for scalping.

So, are you a scalper? How many pairs you have been using for scalping?

I have no intention on brokers business model; because my concern on their regulation & my wanted trading features; that’s all! By the way, I have both experience for live trading.

Most of the majors actually. EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDUSD and a few others. I excluded USDJPY from the list, I don't like how it moves sometimes.

But USDJPY is my favorite one; I know, sometimes it different but the point is; my strategy provides high success ratio for this popular trading pair!

Both STP and ECN operate as no dealing desk implying that the traders’ orders are forwarded to the interbank market without being processed by the dealing desk.

ECN stands for electronic communications network and STP stands for straight-through processing. ECN brokers execute by matching client orders and STP brokers execute bypassing client orders directly to an external liquidity provider

I personally prefer ecn execution, been using ecn account on coinexx for about 2 years now, spreads are the lowest and the orders are executed instantly.

Generally, ECN brokers are given higher priority than STP brokers. It is because ECN brokers are technologically flourished and provide comparatively better security than that of STP brokers. Their market dominance level is higher and highly authorized brokers indeed. So traders find trust in them.

Generally, ECN brokers are given higher priority than STP brokers. It is because ECN brokers are technologically flourished and provide comparatively better security than that of STP brokers. Their market dominance level is higher and highly authorized brokers indeed. So traders find trust in them.
When we are trading in the ECN trading accounts our income can also get increased.