• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

Does stop losses cause long term losses

Personally I do make use of stoploss its a good tools to secure my trade and keep my trade in a condition which is what every trader need so always we need to try and protect our equity and margine from depreciation

Same here; I also use SL in my trading! Usually, I use 30-40 pips SL’s for my scalping trading! By the way, may I know your ratio, please?

Stop-loss is a very important element in managing risk. Short-term scalping works even if you do not use a stop loss.

But if I am thinking of long-term trading then stop loss should be used. And a 1: 2 risk ratio needs to be used. Because even if it is a loss, it is much easier to cover.

Placing stop loss is one of the difficult tasks in trading. So many things to consider. Your trading style, risk tolerance capability and good knowledge about support and resistance levels are important to place a stop loss.

Stop loss should not be hit that easily. S/R levels should be used to determine where sl ought to be placed. The price is likely to bounce up from the support level but if it does come down your stop loss should be placed right below it. Now your stop loss would only hit if there are high chances of the price going further down after breaking the support level.

Stop loss should not be hit that easily. S/R levels should be used to determine where sl ought to be placed. The price is likely to bounce up from the support level but if it does come down your stop loss should be placed right below it. Now your stop loss would only hit if there are high chances of the price going further down after breaking the support level.
Yes, stop loss is crucial but if you don't know how to put in an efficient stop loss you'll be able to get the stop loss more frequently than you would normally. It's important to know how to put stop loss in place.