• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

what do you think from strategy without stop loss?

For short term traders stop loss is very important. But placing a stop loss is not very easy. Most of the time you will hit stop loss if it's not placed in the right place. It requires good skills and experience.

Even the experts use stop-losses because stop-losses are designed to limit an investor's loss when a security position moves in an unfavorable direction. One key advantage of using a stop-loss order is you don't need to monitor your holdings daily.
I don’t think there is any strategy which does not involve stop loss from my point of view.

I have tried trading with stop loss and without stop loss and there are some problems with a strategy without stop loss.

The first problem is that if the market goes up, you're still in profit but not as much as before. The second problem is that if the market goes down, you're still in profit but not as much as before. The third problem is that if there's no real news (like a war), then we can't get rid of our positions because they're already at their max size and won't go any higher (and the market will be flat). And finally, when the news comes out, it could be negative or positive and then your position could go up or down by a lot more than what you originally expected.

Traders lack the practice of following risk management strategy in their trading nowadays. Absence of this practice in traders leads to losing on average.