• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

What do you do to lower your stress during trading days

I lower my stress by drinking plenty of water and also listening to music and then doing some yoga and working out. All of this will help me stay calm and being more patience and waiting for my results and I also do other stuff to keep myself away from the broker's screen until the next day when I'm ready to sell. How about you?

A trader should never feel stress during trading. If so, it means that there is something lacking. It may be a well laid strategy or risk management technique. Only under such a scenario a trader will stressed out. It is better for the trader to go back to the demo account and check for loop holes in his strategy. Once that is fixed, a trader can resume trading the same strategy in a real account. A trader with a good strategy will always remain calm irrespective of whether the trade runs into profit or loss.

We are all humans of course and it is only natural for us to get stressed out due to long hours of trading. Some have their peak moment and they tend to be more effective and productive at those times. Personally, I take some break or time off the monitor, mainly do some physical exercise while other times, I just close my positions and call it quit for the day.

Any of each trader have their own way, and usually it is all about take a break and take some break from the monitor, like me i do exercise when i am stress so i can maintain my mentality in trade, especially if i made a mistake predicting market's trend.

First of all we should trade with stress we should try to trade with having cool mind and calmy, with low risk, and should trade with having breaks as sindrain has said its a best way to lowe our stress and get refresh then again trade with having fresh mood and mind.

Stress always exists in forex trading..this business require mentally stron skills..when your stress level reach its peak level..i think you should leave for a few minutes or hour till you feel comfort..then join again forex with fresh mind...

We are all humans of course and it is only natural for us to get stressed out due to long hours of trading. Some have their peak moment and they tend to be more effective and productive at those times. Personally, I take some break or time off the monitor, mainly do some physical exercise while other times, I just close my positions and call it quit for the day.
Yes, of course, fear is a basic instinctive human emotion, and there is no way to get rid of it complete. Even if our trade is going well, we will always have fear and we have to make sure that we end up with some profit instead of losing so our eyes are big and our adrenaline is running until we close the trade and then we can exhale but trading always is an emotional event, but less so for experienced traders. It could be a good fearing emotion but as long as we make money, fear is ok. I suggest working out to reduce stress hormone and erratic emotions.

Yes, of course, fear is a basic instinctive human emotion, and there is no way to get rid of it complete. Even if our trade is going well, we will always have fear and we have to make sure that we end up with some profit instead of losing so our eyes are big and our adrenaline is running until we close the trade and then we can exhale but trading always is an emotional event, but less so for experienced traders. It could be a good fearing emotion but as long as we make money, fear is ok. I suggest working out to reduce stress hormone and erratic emotions.
i think we talk about stress not fear, and i am sure that you already know about this thing, as for me there are a lot of way to do it that i just find in internet like take a breath for a while to make our mind become clear once more so we can trade without much problem, or take a btreak with doing some exercise, basically leave your trading for a while at least 10 minutes.

To lower your stress in forex trading just be sure that you get good knowledge when your knowledge is up to date then you can start making profit and minimize your stress as well

I would also suggest going outside for some fresh air would help since trader sit in front of their screen all day long. I also think its important eat and sleep well to reduce sleepless syndrome. Working out will definitely keep you staying cool. Your stress hormones can build up from sitting down at a stressful job all day long so make sure you get rid of it by working out. Drinking tea also helps a lot. If you snap at people in your home then you know you got problems.

Maintaining stress while trading is also important for Forex trading. At the beginning would feel a lot of pressure and mental stress during my trading. I would just try to pacify myself. But after getting some experience my stress atomically become low. Now I don't feel so tress during trading as take just my business.

The more you know the less stress. I guess a ten years trader will feel no stress during a trade at all. Forex should be like the back of his hand. Yes, so a newbie will be more stressful due to lack of experiences and knowledge and outcome of their trade. But if you're experienced, you can almost tell when you're going to gain and when you need to exit to avoid losses so experiences count a lot to help you lower your stress as well.

Yes, I have to agree that the stress can be a danger for the trader's health in fact this will greatly affect our trading analysis and thinking when we trade. While, to have lessen the stress or remove it is to have recreational activities or to have some relaxation be with our family or do the things that makes us happy.

The best way is finding something to do: playing games, chatting with friends, or whatever as long as it makes traders forget about trading. Experienced ones know what they should do, so thing above is for beginners or who are afraid of losing while trades are still opened.

If traders have already planned before trading, there is no need to worry because that is meaningless and wastes the time.

If you feel stress all the time: trading is not for you, all you need to upgrade your systems.
If you feel stress just sometimes: quit trading that day, and return when your mood is healthier.

Last edited:
I don't trade much now a days. I just open my account and check and update twice a day or sometimes even once a day only if the market is not that volatile. I'm really hoping to make it big in forex trading. But I want to make sure that I do trade long term and not short term.

I think deep breath, tea, coffee, water, and ice cream can help you relax while you wait for your long trade or at least that is what I have when I trade. I guess I ran out of tea bags already but green tea is exceptional in helping your health and also help you think clearly and can help your nerves as well so drink plenty of green tea and its a great anti-oxidant which will lower all your bad hormones while you trade and will make you so much healthier.

I reach for the pool immediately I'm stressed off. Take some few dives and thereafter have a nap to wash away the stress. It helps me refresh and have some cool thinking again. Staying long in there gives me some hard knock in the brain.

Having some rests in between trades help us revive and avoid the hard toll of having so many things bugging our brain. It is always ideal for a trader to at least walk out of the trading platform when he feels stressed up. A little action as little as looking up to the sky and stretching your muscles helps you overcome a lot and health wise, takes you off the stressful state for some times.

Having some rests in between trades help us revive and avoid the hard toll of having so many things bugging our brain. It is always ideal for a trader to at least walk out of the trading platform when he feels stressed up. A little action as little as looking up to the sky and stretching your muscles helps you overcome a lot and health wise, takes you off the stressful state for some times.
Did you say napping? That is my favorite part. I nap so much when I'm stressed. I think closing your eyes will solve a lot of problems. I think napping can refresh us and gives us more energy for other things later on. Yoga is very relaxing as well. You get all sorts of sores from sitting up all day long. Get like a chair massage and its also very relaxing. I have a full chair massage at home and its like a person massaging you and its awesome.