• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

What differentiates a trading journal from trading history?

Often times, certain traders mix up these two common terms in Forex and most times also, the new ones even find it difficult to understand that which is and which should stand at a place.

Journal most times is referred to a trader's own history of trade while the history is known as that which the broker stores in the trading platform and sent to you at the end of the month.

Does this definition tell your own part of what a trading journal is or do you have a different angle to it?

Trading journal is trading history with some notes and feedback. So if you right down your trading history and put some notes on it for some reminder its not a trading journal. But if you just let it as is then its just a trading history.

Basically it has the same motto, i.e is to provide details of trading of a trader, both trading history and journal are same.

Basically it has the same motto, i.e is to provide details of trading of a trader, both trading history and journal are same.
Its not. Trading history is just a record of your trading. Nothing more. It does not say why you open that position and why you put that SL and that TP. And why you get SL instead of TP or why you get TP instead of SL. In trading journal its detailed. its explained why you earn or why you loss. So its not the same.

Yes. Both are different. Trading history is just your trading data i.e entry, exit, date and time found in broker. And journal is your personal trade record. In a journal there are lot more things. It describes your entry point and why you take the entry. And where is your exit point and why? And why the trade hit the take profit or stop loss. Everything is in details so that you learn from your experience. I trade with Markets Cube. I like their SiRiX social trading platform. I also like their instant withdrawal facility.

It depends on your objective! By the way, trading history means only your trading result! But the journal is full descriptions of your trading history, including the reason behind of that trading!

I have almost 5 years trading experience, but I never used trading journal like service! In the weekend, I do analysis on my live trades position by using account history of Mt4 trading platform.

Trading history is just a record of your deals, e.g. "EURUSD: 20.09.2017 13:00 sell 1.2000, TP 1.1900, SL 1.2050 (TP)". And a trading journal, apart from this info, can also have records on why you opened the deal, set the stops where you set them, your results and whether you're pleased with them, etc.

Trading history is just a record of your deals, e.g. "EURUSD: 20.09.2017 13:00 sell 1.2000, TP 1.1900, SL 1.2050 (TP)". And a trading journal, apart from this info, can also have records on why you opened the deal, set the stops where you set them, your results and whether you're pleased with them, etc.

I basically use trading record by using my note book. Although I see, there have few online software’s, but till now I’m comfortable with the offline service.

A regulated broker allows traders with all reliable trading facilities by utilizing which traders can earn a big profit. But the market is saturated with al fraud and scam brokers.

Internet is your companion for learning Forex. There are so many e-books containing the basics of Forex trading and a pile of video tutorials available on Youtube.

Complexity in trading not only affects your trading but also weakens your mind. Try to use low leverage, low trading spread, and flexible margin level to moderate your risk. The lower the leverage is, the higher the risk is.