• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

What’s your favorite time frame?

As I know; time frame basically depends on traders trading style like; short term trading/ long term trading! So; which time frame do you use most?

For beginners D1 and H4 is the best. Lower time frame is very much volatile. Yes you will get the result quick. But for trading psychology plays the important role. Higher time frame helps more to build a good trading psychology. In lower time frame you tend to do over analysis and overtrade which are bad for trading.

My favorite timeframe is H1. There are some reasons for that. I divide other timeframes into two groups. The ones that are higher than H1 and the ones that are lower than H1. If you trade H1, the candles that you see are all the same in different brokers, however it’s not like that for H4 or daily. That’s because of different GMT time for the brokers. For example the H4 candle you see has opened at 12:00 and has closed at 16:00 but for another broker it could be starting from 13:00 to 17:00. When candles are different, how can you be sure that other traders have conclusions similar to yours about trend direction? And for timeframes lower than H1, I think the spread becomes critical and movements rarely turn to a trend, so I keep away from them.

I don't use any time frame alone. It's the combination of few time frames. D1, H4, H1 and 15Min. Entry happens in H1 and 15min but for that above time frames are also needed.

D1 and H1 are my favorite time frames. I use both these time frames to take entry. Some times I take entry on D1 and sometimes I take on H1. It depends on market situation.

Every trader has his own choice and comfort. Some traders use all the time frame to get the market vibes then take entry in a certain time frame like H1 or H4. I personally do not go below D1. I take my entry on D1. You have to find out by yourself which one you understand the most.

For beginners D1 and H4 is the best. Lower time frame is very much volatile. Yes you will get the result quick. But for trading psychology plays the important role. Higher time frame helps more to build a good trading psychology. In lower time frame you tend to do over analysis and overtrade which are bad for trading.
I completely agree with you.