• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

Using SL method

Setting a stop loss is an integral part of successful trading. However I think it is ridiculous to set a stop loss of 10 pips because minor fluctuations can close our order. if we place a stop loss very near like 10 pips or 15 then a good order can be closed with a loss. I prefer to place a stop loss at least 30 pips away and usually place it from 30 to 80 pips depending upon the trading strategy.

Setting a stop loss is an integral part of successful trading. However I think it is ridiculous to set a stop loss of 10 pips because minor fluctuations can close our order. if we place a stop loss very near like 10 pips or 15 then a good order can be closed with a loss. I prefer to place a stop loss at least 30 pips away and usually place it from 30 to 80 pips depending upon the trading strategy.
To be honest, we traders need to set our SL/TP according to the market situations! Having a fixed target is not a good option actually!

Stop loss an inevitable part of successful trading , without Stop Loss you trading condition like a ship an ocean without a rudder. No one become successful from this trading place at all , if he does not know how to use Stop Loss.

10 pips is not ridiculous. It's a good distance for scalpers. Personally I don't pass judgement on anyone's trading. If they are making profit with it then so be it.

Traders need to be cautious if they want to keep their trading risks minimum and their profit can be big here. We are no longer in a trading platform where everything will go as per our wish. Rather a trader must be careful and be efficient in using risk management tools like stop loss, trail stop or take profit so that in uncertain market situation he can secure his trading profit.

Frankly, I don’t have any fixed target on SL. What I do in my trading is; I always set my SL according to the position of nearest support/resistant levels. But when I cross my limit on SL; then usually I avoid that trade.

Placing stop loss is one of the difficult tasks in trading. So many things to consider. Your trading style, risk tolerance capability and good knowledge about support and resistance levels are important to place a stop loss.

Trading without stop loss is possible if you have that type of skills and strategy. Many people do hedging as a risk management policy instead of stop loss. Some do not use any of them. It is all about how much skilled you are. And what you are comfortable with. You have to find out your strength by yourself.

Stop loss helps a trader to reduce his loss.
Placing stop loss is one of the difficult tasks in trading. So many things to consider. Your trading style, risk tolerance capability and good knowledge about support and resistance levels are important to place a stop loss.

Stop loss is an important part of the plan. Risk can never be managed without stop loss.