• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

please tell how much time we should spend in demo?

You should spend 6 months to 1 year in demo account. It is not necessary that you shoud not try real trading with low margin do real trading too but remain in touch with market with demo trading test different systems, make good strategy and learn hoiw to manage risk , Thengo through real trading with sufficient amount in your trading account.

I think the 6 months span is good and then you can take notes in each trade and figure out how to invest and how to make money from that. some of the time people are learning to spend the money in forex but it does not give us much return that way too.

I think you should be able to know when will be better for you to start with the real account, and I must tell us that waiting to be 100 percent good at tradingg in the demo account before trying the real account you will mis opportunities. Just check how good you are improving and know when to stop.

There is no time or period limit of practicing at demo. You can learn, practice and experiment at demo account until you feel that you are quite confident to trade at real account.

I think you should be able to know when will be better for you to start with the real account, and I must tell us that waiting to be 100 percent good at tradingg in the demo account before trying the real account you will mis opportunities. Just check how good you are improving and know when to stop.

Exactly, self analysis determines when we should give the real account a try. No trader got it all right the first time he attempted the real account and it is always beloved that failure might be unavoidable. However, that does not stop a determined trader from succeeding.

In my opinion, I'll advise that new traders spend at least six months practicing on demo account. And even when they start trading on real account, they should still keep trading on demo so as to acquire more skills and strategy. There is no end to learning in forex trading.

In my opinion, I'll advise that new traders spend at least six months practicing on demo account. And even when they start trading on real account, they should still keep trading on demo so as to acquire more skills and strategy. There is no end to learning in forex trading.

Some can do it less than six months if they practice full time and daily. Some learn so fast that one month is sufficient for them so it all depends on your pace and how quick you catch on. Now, you can still continue to use it to test out new strategies as you become a real trader since you will need to and you can't practice it in a real account cause you don't want to lose with real money. Its better to lose with fake money so a demo remain valuable for the life time of the trader.

Well, I don't think there are a specific amount of time needed to be spent in the demo account trading because the demo account is a continous process. In the sense that even when you muct have been through with the learning process you'd still need it for some strategies testing purpose.

No one has ever programmed with certainty how long it will take a trader to learn from a Demo account and be certified knowledgeable enough to start trading in the real account. While some are fast learners, others take things gradually and bit by bit but that which matters is how good the person becomes thereafter.

Well, I don't think there are a specific amount of time needed to be spent in the demo account trading because the demo account is a continous process. In the sense that even when you muct have been through with the learning process you'd still need it for some strategies testing purpose.

Demo trading is very essential for every beginner.. The time a person should practice would vary depending upon his intellectual skills and learning abilities. However every trader should at least practice demo trading for a month. Demo trading gives a trader knowledge about the behavior of the Forex market and the opportunity to test our trading skills.

Just keep on trading in demo account. I'm sure we all be making really good income in forex if we know how to handle our account. I'm more focus now on doing some good online trade that I do feel that its really worth it to make good income in forex.

I think as per my opinion for the beginers demo trading is on of the best support for learnig the Faq so for the newbie we should properly learn and know the basics of its how trade ,how to analysis etc the best support is demo.

You should spend 6 months to 1 year in demo account. It is not necessary that you shoud not try real trading with low margin do real trading too but remain in touch with market with demo trading test different systems, make good strategy and learn hoiw to manage risk , Thengo through real trading with sufficient amount in your trading account.

Am just read your post and realy am just admire to read it we are newbies should follow ur valuable post and comments and we all newbies should trade in live market but beside it we should also trade in demo for better trade in future.

I think the 6 months span is good and then you can take notes in each trade and figure out how to invest and how to make money from that. some of the time people are learning to spend the money in forex but it does not give us much return that way too.

Yes you are absolutely right some peoples are try to make money in forex they just do it as there part time or whatever but they are not well aware about it and just jump to earn money in forex and for the same i think for the beginers should take a atleast need 6 month learing to demo trading and try to calculate the market stratigies etc after should join it.

absolutely there is no course or no limit or dont have any chapter to read that how to work in forex just one way that is watching and learn how to analysing the charts. for trade in forex.

Demo trading is one of the best place for a newbie trader to learn many things about forex and that will give him a very good practice so that he can perform very well with the live account . any ways i am not sure how many days to spend but i can tell that some will get the knowledge soon and some will not . so its depend on your understanding ability .

Yes am agree with you.its true that it depend upon us how much we can grip it how fast we can grab it so if we are the newbies if we trade in demo software and beside it if we trade online mean live then it will be better for us to learn the thing..whats your view.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think one should try and practice in demo until one feels that now he is in position to trade well in real account. one should first fully confirmed and sure that now can trade with good profit and at any market situation he can trade, able to maintain money management.

Well i cant tell you how long you need to trade in demo account before you can enter real account but i think you need to trade in demo untill you fully understand the market and you have gotten a strategy which works for you then you can go for a real account.

Some brokers will advice that the trader trades in the Demo for at least a period of one month, got that from youtradefx sometime ago but in the actual sense, it might not just be enough for most traders and I think, a good way is for the trader to, at some point, begin to try out both the real and Demo simultenously when he thinks he has gotten a fair knowledge of it.

YOu can spend at least 2 months in demo account testing your strategy and also trying to adapt with it and learn how to solve the problem with it, but if you feel does not enough keep trade there, i suggest as much as 8 months.

Perhaps in some cases, might just depend on the level of understanding of the newbie. Also the rate of concentration he gives to it. There are those that can burn not less than 6 months trading in Forex without any reasonable thing to show for it.

after learning the basics of forex then the newbie must open demo account and get training with it at least 6 months and then test the strategy which will trade with it with real account also at least 6 months and finally after all that he can start trading with trusted strategy in his real account

The time to be spent trading in a demo account varies considerably between one trader and another. Not all are born with same level of smartness and intelligence. Also, the amount of knowledge and guidance a trader has matters the most. Some learn on their own while there are traders who are trained by professionals. As long as a trader has at least two months track record of success with low drawn down, a shift to real account can be made. Since emotions affect the performance of real account trading, it is better to try out extremely small lots. As we gain confidence higher quantum of orders can be traded. Flexibility matters in all aspects of trading in financial markets and the question of gaining experience in a demo account is not an exception to the same.

Require around 6 month if traders want to mastering short term strategy and make it improve as well. And around a year if traders use long term strategy. So, basically traders can’t become profitable overnight or become skilled overnight. Long period of practice, observe the market including test the strategies required before traders jump trading in live account.