• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

One long term trade or many scalps

Which do you prefer? One long term trade per day for several hours and then sell at the end of the day and make like 90 pips or more or five or more scalps with 10 pips each. I've chosen the long term trade cause its less of a headache and I don't have to enter and exit like mad. I do not like scalping many low pips trade. How about yourself?

I prefer one long term trade. I do not and have not enjoyed scalping so I would prefer to open a position and hold it for some time. I am more guarantee of profit with this strategy than scalp.

It is hard to say, in the realistic life right now i only prefer day trading based on economic calendar, but if i had a lot of money i will prefer long term trading because the profit is high and also i can make a good income with it, and if i have limited money i will use scalping.

You should also consider that the spread fee for each scalp too so that is kind of costly too if you scalp many trades. You will lose and then pay scalp fee too so very costly. Versus one long trade is only one spread and you might make up to like 100 pips in profit. You catch a lot of early pips that way too in long term trade.

You should also consider that the spread fee for each scalp too so that is kind of costly too if you scalp many trades. You will lose and then pay scalp fee too so very costly. Versus one long trade is only one spread and you might make up to like 100 pips in profit. You catch a lot of early pips that way too in long term trade.
LOL, how can you say that scalp isn't good while Long Term trade is good?, If you want to scalp then choose an ECN broker, the True ECN or at least STP and DMA broker because the fee is lower. If you can follow the right trend you can even scalp and make more profit with it, rather than hold your position for more than one day.

LOL, how can you say that scalp isn't good while Long Term trade is good?, If you want to scalp then choose an ECN broker, the True ECN or at least STP and DMA broker because the fee is lower. If you can follow the right trend you can even scalp and make more profit with it, rather than hold your position for more than one day.
You can but it carries a lot of risks as well but you can earn money instantly. However, you can lose as much as you open them so it doesn't mean that all day every day you can scalp. Some day is nothing but sideway and zig zag and no way to make profit while some day its good enough. Like recently the market is kind of sideway and zig zagging while some other weeks, its stable enough to trade. Some full time traders make money by scalping a lot but for me I see more pips in long term trade or at least one day worth of trading.

You can but it carries a lot of risks as well but you can earn money instantly. However, you can lose as much as you open them so it doesn't mean that all day every day you can scalp. Some day is nothing but sideway and zig zag and no way to make profit while some day its good enough. Like recently the market is kind of sideway and zig zagging while some other weeks, its stable enough to trade. Some full time traders make money by scalping a lot but for me I see more pips in long term trade or at least one day worth of trading.

Who said that you need to scalp everyday? i never said something like that, it is YOU the one who said it, right? scalping is not bad as long as you do it in the good trends, if not then it is same like killing yourselves, i know scalping is risky but forex is also risky even long term trading still risky, can you tell me will you reach your TP or your target only by long term trade? and whether the margin is sufficient when you hold your position?

Which do you prefer? One long term trade per day for several hours and then sell at the end of the day and make like 90 pips or more or five or more scalps with 10 pips each. I've chosen the long term trade cause its less of a headache and I don't have to enter and exit like mad. I do not like scalping many low pips trade. How about yourself?

Yes you are absolutely right that long term trade is better than the short but its also depends on your fund may be your fund is strong and for the same you just hold one thing and hold it for a long time and time to time you can cover it but what for the low fund holder?

I preffer One long term trade per day for several hours and then sell at the end of the day and make like 90 pips .

If you only know trend of one pair, you can scalp to have profit. But you have to focus on computer for all time.

If you actually know when the price will change, you can open long term trade, and feel free for several hours.

So it depends on what you know in forex , That's my opinion only

If you only know trend of one pair, you can scalp to have profit. But you have to focus on computer for all time.

If you actually know when the price will change, you can open long term trade, and feel free for several hours.

So it depends on what you know in forex , That's my opinion only
A lot of computer time for scalpers alright. You have to sit there for a long time to catch good trends and if you know how the pairs will behave you can trade for the long term but that is not always easy for a newbie. It takes experiences in order to do long term trades. Long term trades will yield less scalp fees but also higher pips per trade.

I prefer to do long term trading as I can handle my account if I trade long term and if I do scalping I feel like I'm doing some gambling. But same time if you do scalping and make good profit then its only mean that you are really good in making some good trade.

I think it will depends on the market and the day cause its always changing so no one strategy will work all the time. Some day long term is profitable while some day you can profit both ways so you can open trades via both methods, long term or short term. I guess its kind of hard to stick to one method in forex since its continuously changing but I still like long term versus scalping though.

Scalping is not that easy as many people think. It needs a lot of precision in entry and exit from a trade. It should be the last resort of a trader with successful track record and experience. One or two trades a day is very much a preferred one. It gives a lot of time for the trader to analyze and enter. Also, a few pip away from actual entry point can still be managed effectively as the target is long way apart. Such kind of flexibility is not there when a trader chooses scalping. Moreover, a scalper should never give a second thought to book profit or loss. In most cases, a beginner would find it very difficult to have such an approach towards trading. Thus, scalping is never recommended by professionals. It only increases the stress on the trader.

Well, i prefer both. Because both can be used at different situations. The main thing to understand that situation and to decide whether you want to use scalping or want to go for a long term investment.

Well, i prefer both. Because both can be used at different situations. The main thing to understand that situation and to decide whether you want to use scalping or want to go for a long term investment.
I think doing both is also my stile. You just never know when one style is good while another one is good as well. so, there are many ways to do it. Forex is good both ways. I think forex can give us many opp to do it. I scalp as well as open long term trades and I have success and failures in both methods though but more profits in long term trades.

Scalping and long position trading are good when the tader is able to do the two of them. When the market will change and increase in volatile, the trader will try to scalp. I'm sure long term trading and short term trading will be good for any trader and it will depend on the one he or she want to choose.

I have always been a subscriber of long term trading. I like to leave the position to stretch that long, might not necessary make it slip through the next day but scalping isn't just my way. Guess it's one of the things I will really have to consider.

i was trading with scalping way of trading but the bad thing of this way of trading is making you trading with high greedy and trade with high risky therefore now i am training with new way of trade depending on the pending orders it is more safe than scalping