• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

Metatrader 4 or metatrader 5

As per we know that's the most popular trading platform in forex trading was metatrader, produced by metaquotes. And currently we have 2 metatrader platform, MT4 (older edition) and MT5 (the newest edition). Which are our choice as trader?

I use mt4 for the sole reason that I can put in which indicators I like. I can't do that with mt5. Also, I'm used to mt4 and hey, if it ain't broke dont fix it. :p

Unfortunately, I'm only still using MT4 here but that's not saddening and of course, the platform still have new version. In mt5 I think the big difference there is that they don't have quote or requote which annoys the traders particularly in the volatile market times.

i prefer MT5 even i am still new with it but slowly i will migrate i know that many people will need time to getting used with MT5 since MT4 is truly a good platform which is stable enough, but MT5 offering many commodities for me to trade so i will choose it.

As per my view the most famous trading system Meta 4 and Meta 5 both are used for trading. Meta 4 is being used by the many traders. Both works in same nature this is traders own choice which he want to use.

As per my view the most famous trading system Meta 4 and Meta 5 both are used for trading. Meta 4 is being used by the many traders. Both works in same nature this is traders own choice which he want to use.
Yeah that is right MT4 is the most used platform by traders included me, but as emerging update of MT4, MT5 now also gaining more people that used them, there are even some traders that trading between MT4 and MT5 just like what i do, so far i still learn about MT5 and using MT4 for earning purpose.

Well, I use the MT4 and so far, it has been serving me right. Only recently, I tried downloading the MT5 from a brokers site for my mobile but the installation was taking a lot of time which is not typical of my phone so I had to delete it. I had earlier ran it successfully on my sister's android though higher version than mine but didn't see much difference.

So, which is the best of them??
and why??

the best depend on trader, but for me MT4 and MT5 serves its own purpose, each of them have their own advantages and disadvantages so it is better if we can choose which is the best for us here. For someone who love hedging then they can try MT4 which is more suitable for them.

MT4 is more popular than the MT5 software and more user friendly. It is the best for me because of how easy I find using it. The MT5 is more cumbersome and doesn't load well on my PC.

What is the difference between MT4 and MT5 both are forex trading software as i know so is there any huge difference and what is advantages and disadvantages between the softwares..

What is the difference between MT4 and MT5 both are forex trading software as i know so is there any huge difference and what is advantages and disadvantages between the softwares..
Though have not really tried the MT5 as it refused to install when I did but from what I've heard about it, there is only a slight variation in functions. There is also a slight function of the tools though you find varying reviews about them but the much I know is that the newer platform rarely work well in older PC configuration.

MT4 is more popular than the MT5 software and more user friendly. It is the best for me because of how easy I find using it. The MT5 is more cumbersome and doesn't load well on my PC.
Not User Friendly because basically it is same like MT5, the only difference that MT5 does not allow hedging and it said that it follows FIFO rules, one of the big problem here is that many MT4 traders want to use hedging for their own safety so that is why they still prefer MT4.

I have to agree with you because I used it on my jellybean in the early part of this month. Whereas the mt4 is ok, the mt5 is ok too. May be I will continue with it by next year because I am now seeing it in a more easy way.

I have to agree with you because I used it on my jellybean in the early part of this month. Whereas the mt4 is ok, the mt5 is ok too. May be I will continue with it by next year because I am now seeing it in a more easy way.
If you are using smartphone then using both of those platforms in your phone is a good idea becuase MT4 and MT5 has better environment and also if you have trouble then troubleshooting will be easier than ever.