• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

Martingale strategy

I tried Martingale several times using different helping tools . Always had pitiful result. I am sure that some people trade Martingale and heard that some people are happy. But I believe until certain point. Maybe it would work if to close certain losses. But in general I am pessimistic.

To be honest, I have no idea about this trading style! My intention was on news trading and till now I handle my live trading account only based on my news trading experience.

In Forex , without having proper money managing plan that’s not possible at all to make profit with consistency despite of having good trading strategies.

To be honest, I have no idea about this trading style! My intention was on news trading and till now I handle my live trading account only based on my news trading experience.

It’s a popular strategy! But if you want to make money from a strategy then you need to first make enough number of trades in demo, then if you are satisfied on your result, then you should start your live trading otherwise not!

sometimes it helps me to stay in profit when i have losing trades
but I heared that it is used by gamblers. don't know if it s true but it works!

Even though many kinds of traders like to scalping strategy very much due to getting profit instantly but I don’t like to depend on this short time trading approach, because despite of a most usable trading policy scalping sometimes causes huge losses.

When I use basically scalping I have to depend on 1 hour and daily charts. It supports me to calculate the market sometimes with certainly which is really supportive to bring profit by my strategy. Actually which time frame you need it completely depend on your trading techniques.

I tried Martingale several times using different helping tools . Always had pitiful result. I am sure that some people trade Martingale and heard that some people are happy. But I believe until certain point. Maybe it would work if to close certain losses. But in general I am pessimistic.

I myself have tried several methods on backtesting and had similar experience like you. lol At one point or another it does not work. But I am not discouraging anyone to try it. You can back test with historical data and see the results for yourself that how things go for you.

From all scalping is really profitable that brings profit very rapidly than other trading techniques. But mostly brokers don’t allows trading concept as this. so, the traders who are particularly scalpers have to choose the broker which permits scalping including lowest trading spreads as well minimum margin requirements.

From all scalping is really profitable that brings profit very rapidly than other trading techniques. But mostly brokers don’t allows trading concept as this. so, the traders who are particularly scalpers have to choose the broker which permits scalping including lowest trading spreads as well minimum margin requirements.

It is not necessary for a trader to do scalping to apply martingle strategy. They can apply any type of strategy they want. But the rate of winning have to be high.

So far I am never use martingale strategy because will quickly decreasing free margin, and because different trader having different psychology which I am included weak psychology when look floating loss on big number, because marti will open bigger lot size on second step that risk also arise

I have back tested various martingle strategies and at one point all of them ended up in loss. The strategy is not good in my opinion and is like a void. It can look promising in pen and paper but when you try to apply it, it will be a disaster.

I have back tested various martingle strategies and at one point all of them ended up in loss. The strategy is not good in my opinion and is like a void. It can look promising in pen and paper but when you try to apply it, it will be a disaster.

Did you use paid or free software’s? Thanks in advance.

A martingale strategy is a losing strategy. You cannot predict how many times the price will go down and how much you will lose. Theoretically, one could earn on this strategy, having an infinite deposit and the ability to increase the bet an infinite number of times. In real conditions, you can get a small income, but only one unsuccessful long series is enough to lose all the money.

Beside manual trading based martingale, there are some robot based on martingale trading system, but often I hear if most of them fail eventually, because this strategy included as high-risk strategy, due they will make multiple position size in every loss position and this will decreasing free margin and maybe fast way to margin call if always against the major trend.

Correct; the risk reward ratio is very high; so it’s very dangerous to play with! High risk reward ratio brings MC on trading account!

If working with swap account broker, this strategy will make a quick loss if trader let all order overnight, so if want to trade with martingale strategy, also need to consider with swap fee if they working in broker swap, the trader can take benefit if get positive swap

I mostly faced negative swap; this is why now I am using swap free trading account!

Any Forex strategy should develop after passing sometimes , regular practice in demo only the way to develop your trading strategies performance.

as a newcomer i was successful with BB in demo but when kicked off a live account , this approach not worked as like before , it was my experience about BB.

There are different martingale methods, one of them is reverse martingale. In this method instead of increasing lot size after a loss, you simply decrease the lot size until you get a profitable trade and then get back to normal lot size. Some people increase lot size after a loss but not as much as you see in classical martingale strategies. But after all I would stay away from martingale strategies because of this: you lose 10$, you risk 20$ to get that back. Then you lose that and you enter 40$ to earn that back. After a few trades you’ll notice you have risked half of your account to earn only 10$! I don’t consider that logical at all.