• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

Is Practice in demo account enough for a beginner to become successful?

There are lot of free resources for learning forex. Even you can download good forex book in free from different websites. You just need to do some searches on Google.

Of course not! A demo account is for the traders to practice their strategies in a simulated environment that the broker creates for you. It is just for you to get well-versed with the platform features. It doesn’t have any relation with the live market conditions. The real learning starts when you go live because that’s when you realize that trading is not what you saw in your demo account.

Demo accounts allow traders to practice their trades in real market conditions but with virtual money, this way they can understand the movements of the market and backtest their strategies. Even if their strategies fail they don't have to worry about any financial losses because it's all practice and no real money is involved.

I don't have to just practice trading. Must keep updated news about the market. And you have to develop skills by collecting information.

Demo accounts are a great way of putting your newly learnt knowledge to practice and getting an idea of how the live market works. You learn to use a trading platform and can apply your strategies to see whether you must use them in the live market and risk your money or not. In a nutshell, demo trading prepares you for the live market conditions without you having to risk your money.

It’s never enough practice. Even when you shift to a real account, take it as a part of the learning process. Don’t start expecting early results. It takes years to make consistent profits.

I have to practice a lot to trade successfully. If I trade through that strategy on the demo platform after gaining knowledge, it will be much easier for me to make a profit.

I don't think demo accounts alone can bring success. Because many times even if you make a profit with a demo account, you can't make a profit with a real account. This is because the trader's emotions work. From this perspective, the demo platform alone is not capable of successful traders.

A demo account is every trader’s first step towards trading. But it doesn’t mean that if you have demo traded for a while, you have become capable of conquering the market. You must give some time to practising in the live market with little money. That’s how you will know if you are ready to take big risks or not.

Practice is important but practice should be done by following rules. If I do not follow discipline, and risk management while practicing, I will be habitual to it and will do it on live as well.

In forex trading, it is the regular practice that can help you to excel and for beginners demo trading is that medium only.

One very important thing is missing in demo trading which is emotional attachment. When your own money is investment you get emotional attachment to it. That's why every decision get affected by fear and greed.

In my opinion, demo trading practice is not enough to gain all the necessary knowledge that a trader needs to become successful. Real trading experience and knowledge are much more than just practicing trading on a demo account.