• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

Is forex is gambling ?

Yeah it is a kind of gambling but your mission is to turn it into discreet, thorough and careful market speculation. Use your brain and capital together to maximize profit from it

If we do analysis then its not gambling. If you can explain why the price goes bearish or bullish then its not gambling. Its only gambling if we don't know why the trends moves and we just trade base on probability to make some good profit.

No forex market is not gambling although some people trade like gamblers. It needs proper approach and its not like gambling where your luck rules.

Well it depends of how trader look at his trading. If it poor developed, weak MM strategy, then probably it is a mere gambling with no chances for positive outcome. But another type is for example like my trading: 2 years training on MercerFx demo, then moving on their real account, strong TP and SL adjustements, clearly set number of trades per month (10 trades per month for me) not less than 1.0 lot but not more than 5 lots.

No forex market is not gambling although some people trade like gamblers. It needs proper approach and its not like gambling where your luck rules.

Of course, we need to have skills and we also must have good psychology especially in controlling skill. Even, a successful trader also need time to be successful. We also must learn from our mistake if we want to get more maxiaml result in forex.I usually maximize market news in forex, like i get from TenkoFx

Gambling is a 50/50 thing. That's a pure luck thing.. your success depends upon someone else's win or loss whereas in forex you're responsible for what you do. If you trade blindly then of cos it will be gambling

But you`re supposed to trade logically, technically and fundamentally. Not to treat it like a "High-Low" Game.

orex trading is a business, gambling is not. But if there is one thing that forex and gambling have in common, it's taking risk. Just like any business, we should also take a risk in forex trading.

orex trading is a business, gambling is not. But if there is one thing that forex and gambling have in common, it's taking risk. Just like any business, we should also take a risk in forex trading.

Every business has Risk, but Risk and gambling is two side of coin :)

No, I don't think it is justified to compare Forex with gambling, because Forex is a trillion dollar market and people has spent their lives in the research and analysis of the news and other things in order to prepare a trading plan for the successful trading, it's not like 50/50 bet.

Thank you for your kind words, and yeah it is true that there is a massive difference between Gambling and FX trading, no one can compare Gambling with FX trading, gambling is a bit of a negative word but FX Market as I mentioned earlier that is the biggest market in the world with massive trading volume.

There are alot of difference between forex trading and gambling, in forex trading we buy and sell for a reason which we came about ofter due analysis, but in gambling we just do it with the hope that it will favour us, so gambling is totally different from forex trading.

Yeah, I agree with the point of view that we buy and sell in Forex and that Buy or Sell depends upon our own research and work done on daily basis from the fundamental and technical analysis in order to make a strong trading plan for the day, but in Gambling you just hoping against the hope that our bet will move in our direction.

From my point of view, I think Forex can be classified as gambling when we just trading without thinking and just hope that what we guess will be right. But if we really analyze and try to apply all the knowledge that had to predict the move of chart, I think that's kind of forex trading that not classified as a gambling.

Yeah, you are right and in addition to that if you trade without a trading plan or research work, then you better be try your hand on Gambling rather than Forex trading because FX Trading is a professional field and you cannot just trade for the sake of Gamble your money, you need to do proper research and hard work.