• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

Indonesia have banned bitcoin as the payment system.

Bitcoin have trying to improve its services to around the world. Bitcoin in new payment system in Forex world, but they grow fast and become famous..
In Indonesia, this payment system have be banned because its not legal payment system in Indonesia. this is the best thing done by Indonesia government, i also agree that this payment system is not responsible enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems that Indonesian Government does not want this one to be a currency, so i can come up with conclusion that in Indonesia, indirectly BTC become an asset or commodity which we can sell or buy from the other by IDR, sounds pretty interesting.

In recent times even, some of the countries are simply trying to embrace Bitcoin, not as a currency but as a commodity which I think should be the concept. It could be an asset but because there is absolutely no way a country can claim it as the means of buying and selling, that automatically makes it a commodity.

Currently, Mt.Gox one of the most Bitcoin trading company has been shot down, maybe either my the owner or so. Many are saying that they was attacked and they lost many fund. Too many story about this, but right now the site is Off online.

@Decub Yeah one of the example it is clear as indonesia does not accept is as currency, also in some nordic countries like Finland or Norway also do the same thing to BTC. I think that is right that BTC is a commodity which is like gold or silver.

I think the reason may be that bitcoin has chance of being closed just like liberty reserves, people lost millions of dollars in liberty reserve. Now Bitcoin dealer MTgox was also disappeared at once due to which its value was going down. Case against bitcoin is also in process. This could be reason behind banned .

I think the reason may be that bitcoin has chance of being closed just like liberty reserves, people lost millions of dollars in liberty reserve. Now Bitcoin dealer MTgox was also disappeared at once due to which its value was going down. Case against bitcoin is also in process. This could be reason behind banned .
You won't see it will be closed by Big government like LR, this is decentralized one, and in my country indonesia, it is not curreny but considered as commodity just like gold or even Stock. So this is fine to use it.

That is the best way to see Bitcoin since there is no central system for it. I also think that financial experts in certain other countries apart from Indonesia think the same way. The increase and reduction in value of this payment system will always be as a result of supply and demand.

I don't think that it will be easy to close Bitcoin, because they said that it has No control from any Governmental Body. Currently, Mtgox is back online, so I think that he has prove himself and Bitcoin reputation to be more better by Refunding his clients back their funds. And countries Banning Bitcoin might not like it to influence their local money or with relative reasons.

@anosocialnet: That is thruthfully right, we cannot close bitcoin as long as someone use them until now even only ten or one person. But it will not functioned as Currency again in my country. It will only become a commodity since Indonesia have banned this one and there is no way i can use it as currency.

But can you successfully visit http://Blockchain.info from your country? Once you are able to do that, I think that you can earn through that, while those sites paying in Bitcoin can not be Blocked. So as you make Money through those sites, they will send your payment to your Blockchain and you can sell the fund through Exchanges. Maybe Bitcoin will affect Indonesians currency n future and that's why they have to Block it as a currency.

In my country this is banned as Payment or Currenty but not as Commodity. So the place of Bitcoin is like Gold since in my country gold is not payment also :D, but as commodity and it is legal to has bitcoin.

That is to say, that you can not access Blockchain from your Country through any means, even this currency site can be accessed through proxy, they are not like other processors. Indonesia Banned Bitcoin as a Currency don't means there can not be users dwelling there because Bitcoin rate is good.

Last edited:
I think that adopting this system payment on each nation will make the nation more easily attacked/sanctioned/stolen/seems stupid/monopolized.
It will happen like E-gold, LR and other payment processor. Its normal Double standart of USA. So hypocrisy...

I think that adopting this system payment on each nation will make the nation more easily attacked/sanctioned/stolen/seems stupid/monopolized.
It will happen like E-gold, LR and other payment processor. Its normal Double standart of USA. So hypocrisy...
Please I don't understand what you mean and how it can make a Nation to be attacked in any way. This is not E-gold nor LR which were not enough smart to protect themselves and even US can not shut this payment processor down, sorry not payment processor but E-Currency.

That is to say, that you can not access Blockchain from your Country through any means, even this currency site can be accessed through proxy, they are not like other processors. Indonesia Banned Bitcoin as a Currency don't means there can not be users dwelling there because Bitcoin rate is good.
Still can access it but it is not as currency anymore but more as commodity, just like gold. Any site that talk about bitcoin is easily accessible and you can convert it to IDR.

More like Gold, as long as it is still tradeable, you can still trade it with some Brokers that use it if possible. And do you mean that you can convert Bitcoin into your local currency? And how is that possible if so...when your country Indonesia do not accept it... you will hardly fine an exchanger.

Normal double standart of USA? LOL this is not something that can controlled by US. Also Indonesia won't adopt it because this country already has its own currency which can be trader outside too.

Even US can use coinbase and can cash Bitcoin out through ATM, I think so. I guess with time Indonesia will have to join Bitcoin or accept it because it is going world wide and getting more popular than ever. so one day or the other they will still need it.

It is accepted dude, but not as the cash of payment. Cash of payment still is Rupiah while Bitcoin still treated as commodity, you still can change it with rupiah or the other things that you really want.