• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

How much did you earn after non-farm payrolls released on Tuesday?

Again, non-farm payrolls disappointed markets, there were 148K jobs created in last month while analysts expected it to be 180K - 185K.

Perhaps Euro, the Sterling, especially Swiss franc and the Yen have been the great currencies to trade against USD since then:
EURUSD: 1.3674 - 1.3800: +126 pips
GBPUSD: 1.6142 - 1.6220: +78 pips
USDCHF: 0.9035 - 0.8915: -120 pips
USDJPY: 98.38 - 97.36: -102 pips

Non-farm payrolls affects the global market and makes Yen and Swiss franc strengthen due to risk aversion. I was surprised when I saw the Yen weakened during that time and that made EURJPY and GBJPY surge to 135.00 and 159.00, respectively. However, both of them collapsed the next day.

USDCAD didn't actually change in that time as market was waiting for more important event ahead (BoC rate statement). The result was USDCAD almost jumped +100 pips because of hawkish statement from Bank of Canada. Therefore, selling this pair has been the big mistake.

I only gain 1$ as I won the daily contest held by Traders Union on that day:). What about you?

Last edited:
The latest NFP news only get total +70 pips from 3 currency, USD/CHF, AUD/USD, and USD/JPY. i made a mistake with GBP/USD and EUR/USD which make me loss more but it seems NFP this month is hard to predict because it is in December which is hard to predict.

Again, non-farm payrolls disappointed markets, there were 148K jobs created in last month while analysts expected it to be 180K - 185K.

Perhaps Euro, the Sterling, especially Swiss franc and the Yen have been the great currencies to trade against USD since then:
EURUSD: 1.3674 - 1.3800: +126 pips
GBPUSD: 1.6142 - 1.6220: +78 pips
USDCHF: 0.9035 - 0.8915: -120 pips
USDJPY: 98.38 - 97.36: -102 pips

Non-farm payrolls affects the global market and makes Yen and Swiss franc strengthen due to risk aversion. I was surprised when I saw the Yen weakened during that time and that made EURJPY and GBJPY surge to 135.00 and 159.00, respectively. However, both of them collapsed the next day.

USDCAD didn't actually change in that time as market was waiting for more important event ahead (BoC rate statement). The result was USDCAD almost jumped +100 pips because of hawkish statement from Bank of Canada. Therefore, selling this pair has been the big mistake.

I only gain 1$ as I won the daily contest held by Traders Union on that day:). What about you?

To be honest; NFP news session is my most favorite! Know why? Because I get enough number of pips in this active news session! Although, before 3-4 years NFP news was much interesting (I mean then I got 100+ pip moves so easily).

The latest NFP news only get total +70 pips from 3 currency, USD/CHF, AUD/USD, and USD/JPY. i made a mistake with GBP/USD and EUR/USD which make me loss more but it seems NFP this month is hard to predict because it is in December which is hard to predict.

I see, during the 2018-13 NFP news was much profitable, I mean then the market was much molatile, 150+ pips movements were very common! But now, average movement is below the 100 pips.

I see, during the 2018-13 NFP news was much profitable, I mean then the market was much molatile, 150+ pips movements were very common! But now, average movement is below the 100 pips.

I think, news trading is always challenging, till now I use half trading lots size during the high voltage news session, like NFP, FOMC etc.

Sadly this week I could not trade due to some personal reason. Also did not have a look at charts properly. And about NFP, I would not have traded during that time.

Sadly this week I could not trade due to some personal reason. Also did not have a look at charts properly. And about NFP, I would not have traded during that time.

Yes, NFP is challenging but I see few traders try to apply here pending order strategy since most of the time market moves on one side.

Yes, NFP is challenging but I see few traders try to apply here pending order strategy since most of the time market moves on one side.

The slippage during NFP is unbearable and there are times when market spikes and those pending orders turns in to nightmares. It is not a preferable way in my opinion. But each trader has their own way so it is up to them.

Not very much. Non farm payrolls in the United States increased by 250 thousand in October of 2018, following an downwardly revised 118 thousand in September and well above market expectations of 190 thousand. Job gains occurred in health care, in manufacturing, in construction, and in transportation and warehousing.

Not very much. Non farm payrolls in the United States increased by 250 thousand in October of 2018, following an downwardly revised 118 thousand in September and well above market expectations of 190 thousand. Job gains occurred in health care, in manufacturing, in construction, and in transportation and warehousing.

That’s the reality mate! I also missed couple of opportunities in that session; but I’m okay with it.

I know that Forex makes traders hungry and traders forget to practice due to this greed. Traders can’t achieve their trading milestone just because they deny practicing.

More and more trading can never be a good sign of successful trading rather it kills a trader completely. Over-trading reduces the equity of traders and as a result traders lose their money gradually.

Traders who are very illusive to their capital mostly suffer this problem. Don’t build castle in the air because it will make you frustrated after a certain time.

I am saying so because this type of people can’t sustain any loss. Strong mentality is a support for traders because it doesn’t discourage a trader even though he is in a consistent loss rather it always inspire for the next attempt.