• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

How long should a newbie trade in the demo account?

Definitely, demo trading is the first and main step for new Forex trader. Therefore, all newbie’s should start their trading life by demo practicing very sincerely. But, reality is much different. Because, maximum new Forex traders are not serious about demo prating more than live trading. But, my learning period of trading was very effective with exclusive educational facilities of TradingBanks trading broker. I learned trading technique from their Trading videos, reading Forex eBook and taking their free training course. As a result, I become a profitable Forex trader in my demo within only six months. Then, I invest my real money for my live profit. MY demo trading experiences always guide me properly.

There isn't a certain time period for it, you can learn to trade the market in weeks, and if not good, then you can't even learn it in Years, so it all depends upon you.

As a trader, we must try to more improve our trading skill from time to time if we want to get more maximal result. We also can learn from our trading experience. Using demo account, we can try to hone trading skills and make practice. For new trader, demo accour surely will be very helpful.

We cannot determine how long we should trade in demo account since each trader has their own capabilities which is different from each other, but from many cases i am sure around 4 months up to 1 years are the best measurement how long you should spend your time.

As I have already wrote at near-by thread, a demo-account is the best chose, but if you want to trade with real money you had better get some welcome bonus or earn some bonus money at broker's forum. Instaforex has such, for example.

There isn't a certain time period for it, you can learn to trade the market in weeks, and if not good, then you can't even learn it in Years, so it all depends upon you.
If we don't make profit in six months even though we spend most of our time studying how to make profit in forex trading my suggestion is that we are not good for trading in forex and its better we give up forex trading. Unless we can afford to pay for forex trading education.

Last edited:
It depends on the individual trader to trade in demo account, the main reason to trade in demo account is to raise confidence level and improve learning.

Normally it is suggested to trade at least 3 months in demo account when starting. But I want to suggest take your time. As long as it takes.

We the traders who are particularly newcomers have to trade demo account for acquiring proper fundamental trading knowledge that is very support to continue live trading in a proper way. But practically we the traders don’t believe the importance of this trading place at all.

No one can give you a specific answer! It depends on the traders and their education system! For me, the duration was only 11 months! In addition, now I am doing my live trading quite comfortably!

Actually all decision will depending with each trader will, some trader suggested at least one month some another might at leasy three month and some another will suggested at least six month, as long as they ready with their funds and having confidence start in real account they can start

Absolutely, new traders should wait until they are confident enough! By the way, how many moths did you use demo before your live?

It can be a relative matter to discuss about since each trader has unique traits. So far on average traders put 6month to 1 year in their demo trading practice. Though it is absolutely a simple statistic of majority of normal traders, we can’t directly quote is as a standard. A trader should spend sufficient time in his demo trading practice until he is sure that he is enough skilled to ensure rational decision making keeping aside his emotions.

It can be a relative matter to discuss about since each trader has unique traits. So far on average traders put 6month to 1 year in their demo trading practice. Though it is absolutely a simple statistic of majority of normal traders, we can’t directly quote is as a standard. A trader should spend sufficient time in his demo trading practice until he is sure that he is enough skilled to ensure rational decision making keeping aside his emotions.

I really appreciate your comment, since you didn’t mention here any short session like 1-3 months! Basically, learning is a long term process here; there is shortcut way of learning.

There is no hard and fast rule for this that how much time is more suitable for spending on the demo account for a new trader. I think you need to spend as much as time as you need to get confidence and awareness about the trading on this cruel and fast market. You have to work hard for this purpose!

There is no hard and fast rule for this that how much time is more suitable for spending on the demo account for a new trader. I think you need to spend as much as time as you need to get confidence and awareness about the trading on this cruel and fast market. You have to work hard for this purpose!

Agree with you! Even, starting demo with a fixed target like 6 months, 8 months would be valueless since, there is no fixed answer on it!

How much time a newbie need in the demo account depends on the trader himself and how fast he can learn and understand how the forex market works. Traders should use a demo account until they can make a steady money on the demo. Trading on a live account is more emotional than trading on a demo account.

Demo account is very beneficial for the new traders. If you want to start trading with your money then I suggest learn properly first. After learning all the tools and techniques of forex properly you can move to the real account from the demo account.