• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

How long should a newbie trade in the demo account?

Demo trading is an essential part of Forex learning. Every newbie should practice more and more in their account to be familiar with Forex trading system. It will help them to trade in the real account. But everybody says to practice in the demo account but how long a newbie should trade in the demo account?

We think you should demo trade 1-3 months. After that, open a micro or mini real account to start. Real lessons can only be achieved from real trading.

I think a newbie should trade for as long as they need to since the more practice the better of a trader you will be and you will be glad that you did practice it since you might regret not learning and not practicing. I would recommend like 6 months at least and then try a micro account as well since you might want to lose less when you're a newbie but you can always open another one and then trade it.

A newbie trader should trader in the demo account till he or she is able to know how to yesterday. Knowing how to trade is different from being lucky when trading in the demo account and make profit three time. This is what usually happen to some newbie traders that they will think they have known how to trade, if they come to the live account, they will start losing.

We think you should demo trade 1-3 months. After that, open a micro or mini real account to start. Real lessons can only be achieved from real trading.
Well, I think there are traders who might not still get all that they need to get with the Demo account within three months. I think rather, that it should be till such a time when the trader must have had that conviction within him that he is able to handle the real account.

No specific time which explain that newbies should leave demo account and prepared already to trade in live account. All depend on newbies. They can jump trading in live account in short period of time or take longer period to stick in demo account. If traders focus and know the way to learn in effective way, they can prepared to start trading in live account faster.

Demo trading should be continued until traders do not manage easily some specific amount.It needed 6 months to 1 year to get this target. Demo is good for practice and learn different trading strategies how to apply and ghet results from them.

No specific time which explain that newbies should leave demo account and prepared already to trade in live account. All depend on newbies. They can jump trading in live account in short period of time or take longer period to stick in demo account. If traders focus and know the way to learn in effective way, they can prepared to start trading in live account faster.
Yes, actually thereis no specific time, but you know that all people also need a certain time, and from most of experiments usually it takes about 3-6 months for new traders spend their time in demo account before fully prepared to trade in real account.

i think trade the demo account as long as we want to do but in my opinion i would like to say that if we want to be a successful trader so keep continue our demo practice and don,t ever try to leave demo practice, it's good source for learn Forex trade.

well it depends on the the individual, if he is hitting the trades well and is confident enough to trade in the real account , then he can stop trading in Demo.

Continue trading and I'm so sure that in two to three years time we can all make good income in forex trading. So far I'm more interested to know if I can deal with my trading account or not. I'm so sure that we can become the best trader their is once we know how to handle our trading account. in demo then in real account.

I use demo more than 2 years and still make good use of it. Most powerful tool in our trading, as calc in math..

I use demo more than 2 years and still make good use of it. Most powerful tool in our trading, as calc in math..
Its no use if you keep on trading in demo account for two years if you don't try to trade in real account. Me I do trade in demo account until now. But I already do have 14 and maybe next month 15 real accounts that I trade in.

Demo account is very important factor of Forex trading. With Demo trading we can learn more about Forex. We should practice with Demo account more and more to get knowldge ,experience and skills about Forex. We should practice Demo account for at least six months.

There is no time limit, trading in demo account is all about gaining market experience and cconfidence , if a trader is confident enough, he can go with opening a real account.

As long as its takes. Its good to practice in demo account. I do practice in demo account even if I have lots of trading accounts already and already trading for three years. I do trade in demo just to check and revise some strategy that I'm using. Its a practice account.

That is right. A newbie should trade in the Demo for as long as his brain can learn. There are those who are known to learn much faster than the others. These category of people might gain a lotof skills and knowledge about Forex within a span of three months. However, this is not applicable to all individuals.

Last edited:
practicing in demo account is one of the most important thing a trader needs to do, but while practicing a trader must keep it in mind that the time of practicing in demo doesnt make a trader better, the quality of trades and the seriousness of the trades makes a trader better, if a trader can make progress in just a month than 1 month is enough for that trader, if the trader can bring good progress in a year than there is more to practice,

Just keep on practicing in demo account and trade in real account at the same time. If you are losing in real account then spend more time in demo account. If you are making good money in real account then spend more time in real account and less in demo.

Even after we must have gotten the knowledge, there is still a need to visit the Demo account. The knowledge or need of the Demo cannot be over emphasized because it is a place where we learn how to develop our skills even better. Trading in the Demo is what we all should do to minimize the chances of losses.