• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

Have emotions ever saved your trade.

it will depend what kind of emotion discussed here, there two types of emotions good emotion and bad emotion, if we do manual trading than we must stay away from get riding by bad emotions like frustation, anger or others... i believe no such bad emotions will save our trading

it will depend what kind of emotion discussed here, there two types of emotions good emotion and bad emotion, if we do manual trading than we must stay away from get riding by bad emotions like frustation, anger or others... i believe no such bad emotions will save our trading

From all indications, the trade starter means the good emotions which invariable, fear or in a more subtle way, doubt. I can attest to having been freed from losses in a particular trade sometime ago just because I chickened out, out of fear and I must say, I would have lost because subsequently, rates went down but it wasn't much. In that case, I would say that emotions did save me.

At times my instincts actually lead me througj but I don not invariably follows it, Iseldomly do that mostly when I am confused and really need to reach my target. Furthermore some times also it has made me lose, I know it is not advisible to trade emotional but then, we are human being at times those emotions are hard to keep off.

You mean intuition and I would say yes. My intuition is my guide to where I can make more profit. Its like a sixth sense and it tells me when the trend is about to go downhill or how long it will stay uphill so from your experiences, you can draw out intuition that will help you in your trades. Sometimes it helps a lot to have those feelings and its ahead of our head sometimes.

I dont think that was ever the case for me. Because as you know most of the time emotions make the bad investment and we have to understand that over a period of time, you need to go over many other ways. that said, emotions are not the way I would be considering for the trading.

Emotion can never saved our trade tell me how can emotion saved a trade when its rated the worst thing that can contribute to our loss.
So its not good to trade with emotion and we need to avoid it by all means

We always talk about emotions that are harmful but in fact, market is controlled by them. Warren Buffett is famous for his band-wagon effect: "Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful"

Emotion can never saved our trade tell me how can emotion saved a trade when its rated the worst thing that can contribute to our loss.
So its not good to trade with emotion and we need to avoid it by all means
It depends on the emotion that you are talking about. Emotion is not only greed. Fear is also a part of emotion and doubt as well. There are time the fear we exhibit are able to save us from losses because we never can tell, if we had continued with the trade, what effect it would have been.

I mean emotions can hurt you so much more in forex than it helps you. Cause most of it is fear, greed, stress, anxiety, irritable, uncertainly, depression, anger, and best of all but rarely is joy from gaining more money. I think in order to lessen those, we must have strong control over our trades and losses. If you use stop loss or modest capital and leverages then you are not as fearful and stressful since you will not lose more than your stop loss or you can exit a trade soon enough. Also, fear is good sometimes cause it helps keep us grounded.

Emotions have never saved me. It has only put me in trouble. Emotions cloud clarity of thought. Thus, it is impossible to take intelligent decisions when emotions rein over us. I prefer to stay away from the market when my morale is down. It is rare to see some one saying that emotions have made him a better trader. In fact, stop loss and take profit facility are provided only to save a trader from actions arising out of emotions and not otherwise.

Emotion is not good rather it is very harmful for Forex trading business. There is a huge difference between emotion and reality. And Forex does not care emotion. Every decision about trading should be taken as per reality. If someone wants to be a successful trader he must avoid emotion. Because emotion can not save money.

I have good intuition but I think as we become more experienced, our intuition is like the first brain and it helps us make good decision in forex. We become in tune with our trades so sometimes, our intuition will lead us to the right path. I trust my hunch a lot of time. Its a compilation of knowledge and experiences so it counts.

Well, attaching emotions to trade can have a very bad effect on our trading career. I doubt if there could be any good thing about greed as part of emotion. It makes you see Forex as a means to enrich your pocket and not as a market where you really have to understand the market condition better before you trade.

I try to not get so emotional about it. I guess I've been lucky to not be like a sissy and get all emotional about everything. I think women get more emotional than men. A lot of men are so cold, you will be amazed but I see trading as trading and its an objective thing. No need to cry over it. I only smile a lot if I win. Other than that I put enough management into my trades to not have to fear about it.

It is right that we shouldn't attach emotions to trade. It is also reasonable that we trade with clear sense of mind but fear can save us sometimes from losing. It's weird but it's true, it has happened to me once and I didn't regret it then.

I try to not get so emotional about it. I guess I've been lucky to not be like a sissy and get all emotional about everything. I think women get more emotional than men. A lot of men are so cold, you will be amazed but I see trading as trading and its an objective thing. No need to cry over it. I only smile a lot if I win. Other than that I put enough management into my trades to not have to fear about it.
It is a natural thing and that is why it is believe that Forex is a masculine thing. Weird you might say but true. But in all, it depends on individual and what he believes. Gender might play little or no role when we are simply focused a lot in the business and hope to make it even amidst the challenges.

yes even the emotions like greed and fear is the biggest enemy to the trader but some times fear is very helpful to avoid you from entering the wrong trade but this must not happened if we are professional traders or at least semi professional

I have good intuition but I think as we become more experienced, our intuition is like the first brain and it helps us make good decision in forex. We become in tune with our trades so sometimes, our intuition will lead us to the right path. I trust my hunch a lot of time. Its a compilation of knowledge and experiences so it counts.

An experienced trader with good concentration usually has a good intuition. It can assist him in making profit by entering and exiting at the right time. However, intuition has no scientific credibility. Thus, there will be no basis for a trader to follow the same. Trades based on intuitions are purely executed based on hopes and aspirations of a trader. This is polar opposite to guidelines suggested by successful traders. Unless and otherwise we are ready to lose a portion of our capital, it is better to follow standard trading procedures based on technical and fundamental analysis.

We always talk about emotions that are harmful but in fact, market is controlled by them. Warren Buffett is famous for his band-wagon effect: "Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful"
I agree with that quote, but it means that you must know the psychology of the other trader also, are they greed or fear, and also if we want to know about this we must see the market trend first and what happening to the market before take an action

One form of emotions is fear. It doesn’t always bad as long as traders make it remain in control. Fear at certain level can lead traders to control their greed. Because fear of loss, traders just risking small margin to make them to not going to get high loss if they are open wrong positions.