• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

Fixed or Floating Spreads?

There are two types of spreads in Forex market: fixed and floating. Floating spreads vary depending on the market behavior, while fixed ones remain unchanged regardless of any event. In general fixed spreads are wider than floating ones; from 2 to 3 pips, however in periods of major events floating spreads can widen significantly. If you choose floating spreads, you should trade only when the market is busy, but if you choose fixed ones you can trade any time convenient for you. As a rule scalpers prefer floating spreads, those who are used to make long-term investments, prefer fixed ones. In a word, which type of spread you will select depends only on your trading strategy.
Within the period of my Forex trading experience I have mainly come across brokers offering floating spreads. Those who offer fixed ones are fewer. I would like to discuss this aspect with traders who have wide experience in this market and who have dealt with both type of brokers. What benefits or disadvantages have you noticed? Can you offer brokers offering fixed spreads? Please, share with your thoughts.

i trade in Liteforex guys. they have both account type.

Lite and Real is fixed spread.
STP, NDD floating spread.

you can choose one type or both to trade. you can evaluate it detail.

good luck to you

i trade in Liteforex guys. they have both account type.

Lite and Real is fixed spread.
STP, NDD floating spread.

you can choose one type or both to trade. you can evaluate it detail.

good luck to you
And have you traded both accounts? If yes, what benefits have you found for yourself?

You can trade with fixed and floating spread in freshforex. And “Forex rebate 50%” helps to return half spread. You can receive 10 dollars per lot.