• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

Avoiding swap on long term trades

As a newbie, you must also avoid swap charges for holding the currency overnight. The swap charges can also be unwanted and cause you to lose money so do beware of that. Holding currencies over the weekend do not have that many advantages as the market moves really slow on the weekend and downward or sideways so its best to start late Sunday night or early Monday morning to avoid swaps and useless days.

I think you don't understand this. There are negative and positive swaps and this is caused by overnight interest rate.

Carry trade is the popular strategy to earn both swaps and profit. AUDJPY, NZDUSD, AUDUSD are often used for applying this strategy.

In my point of view, swaps don't affect retail traders who own below 10,000$ because money spent on per trade is not really much.

Last edited:
Well, some pairs can give you negative rate and it will all depends on which currencies. Mine had negative on them. Every currency is different on every trade and the timing too. So, some can incur negative swap and some positive but then there might be differences where it end up being negative multiply by one week or one month of trading.

In most cases, if you avoid swap, the spread would be a little bit higher. This compensates for the negative swap that is charged on your account for overnight positions. It is better not to look into those aspects and concentrate on trading. After all, success is imminent only when a trader executes a trade in the direction of the primary trend. If not, even zero spread and no swap will have no positive effect. Avoiding distractions and concentration on trading is one of the most important requisites in forex trading.

Maybe it’s your opinion; but for me; long term trading is much reliable than the scalping or any other short term trading! But the point is; we all traders need to use relatively wider SL for long term trading; so need to verity the quality of log term trades by many parameters.

Swap pips are additional charges that need to be accounted when trading because they could have sometimes significant impact on position and trading profitability. Free swap account can be good option for those traders who prefer to do swaps

Swap pips are additional charges that need to be accounted when trading because they could have sometimes significant impact on position and trading profitability. Free swap account can be good option for those traders who prefer to do swaps

Yes & from my 1st day of live trading I have been working on swap free trading account; swap killed my profit ratio.

I usually use the daily timeframe. The perfect platform for trading daily timeframes. Where many trades range from professional traders to beginner traders.