• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

How long one should use demo?

There is no such specific time. The purpose of demo is to be familiar with the trading mechanism. Another purpose of demo is to test your strategy. Stay on demo as long as you find a proven method. Define your entry, exit, risk, reward and risk management policy on demo. Once you are convinced you can go for live trading.

As long as trading skills are not developed, in my opinion, demo trading should be done. Demo trading helps a lot in enhancing the experience.

Forex trading offers high leverage by which a trader can manage bigger trade with littler capital. In the event that you are a position trader it is more astute to use low leverage like 50:1 or 100:1. Indeed leverage ends up being more hazardous when we use big lot in relation to the capital.

It's not about how many years we are trading. It's about how quick we learn from our mistakes. Even after trading for long times most traders are not discipline. They can't control their emotions. Most of the time they open trade out of greed or fear.

I believe that one should practice on demo accounts until he gets aware of the platform as well as of the market and feel confident enough to make live trades.

I believe that one should practice on demo accounts until he gets aware of the platform as well as of the market and feel confident enough to make live trades.
If you are successful in demo by following a very specific methodology for a long period of time, you have higher possibility of doing good in live as well. But if you are random in demo, your chances are zero in live. When it comes to real money we start thinking a bit differently.

The purpose of demo trading is to have some trading skills so that they can be put to use during live trading. If you think you’re confident about your trading skills, then you can start live trading with a micro account.

Demo trading is not a one time thing according to me. Mostly it is considered helpful for beginners but I believe it is helpful for regular traders and even experts too. So, I would say there is no limit to how long it should be used. If it is a beginner, demo trading can be used for initial training. If the trader has experience, he can practise new methodologies or try and modify a strategy to make it work better.

Demo trading can help traders to hone their trading skills. Traders use demo trading to create trading strategies. However, demo trading isn’t enough because traders ignore emotions and risk management, the two very important aspects of live trading. Once traders develop some skills on demo trading, they can move to live trading with minimum risks.

There isn't a specific date for how long a beginner should be trading in demo. Demo traders should be able to create an appropriate trading system that incorporates risk management.

There isn't a specific date for how long a beginner should be trading in demo. Demo traders should be able to create an appropriate trading system that incorporates risk management.
When we are doing our trades in the Forex markets we will need to use such type of a Trading system that is going to be more profitable for us.

Yes, a good trading system should be used. But a trader should also know how to use it and be profitable. So practising on a demo is a must and time which is needed to spend on a demo account depends on the learning capabilities of the trader.

Yes, a good trading system should be used. But a trader should also know how to use it and be profitable. So practising on a demo is a must and time which is needed to spend on a demo account depends on the learning capabilities of the trader.
If we are making use of a reliable trading system then the income from such trades will also get increased.