• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

How many pips per day?

There is no rule. It entirely depends on your trading strategy. If you are a day trader, you have to make your target according to your trading efficiency. You said you closed a trade and market moved for some more pips. Close trade when your strategy permits. If the market moves more, those are not your pips. If you want those pips also, make a better strategy. But the fact is you can't exploit the full benefits everytime.

That's great advice! When I read the title of the thread, I thought: "Great, another newcomer asks a question that can't be answered normally until there is more information about trading itself". But instead, I found a ready answer, which I think is a perfect answer to the question "How many pips per day?" - very clear and concise. Way to go, author.

This is easier to predict if you use the same strategies all the time, which allow you to stick to certain indicators. So you can say that it is fully possible when you have already fully adapted to the market and your statistics have become more stable.

I dont think that there is correct answer to this question. It all depends on traders strategy and defined targets. I prefer to evaluate my trades more on a weekly or monthly basis, than on a daily one.

Yes there should not be any specific rules of certain number of pips everyday. Market doesn't behave same way everyday. The system I use may be detect trades everyday. So we should be flexible and trust our strategy.

Statistics is an essential part of our work. And it is important to understand how you work, whether you get the results that are important to you, whether you can stick to the plan without global difficulties. And then there is a chance that you will get something from the market that will be a positive result for you.

There should not be any time specific pips target. We should just follow our strategy. If it gives you 100 pips per month or week, that's fine. Don't force and try to achieve that strategy doesn't allow.

I think if 10 trades are done every day and 1: 3 risk is maintained in each trade, it is possible to gain 60 pips per trade for 20 pips loss per day.

It is very important to have a goal in trading. If there is no goal then there is an unwanted trading plan. So I need to know how much I am happy to earn.

It is very important to have a goal in trading. If there is no goal then there is an unwanted trading plan. So I need to know how much I am happy to earn.
Of course, I need to know about goals. How much risk will I take and how much reward will I get in return? The trader must have an idea about these issues.

I agree with fellow traders. This entirely depends on your trading style and strategy. For example, as a scalper, I look to capture anything between 5-10 pips, and I try to go for multiple trades.

I agree with fellow traders. This entirely depends on your trading style and strategy. For example, as a scalper, I look to capture anything between 5-10 pips, and I try to go for multiple trades.
Strategy works but not every strategy works for everyone. What works for you, may not work for me. A trader needs to find a strategy that works for him. It takes a lot of time to test strategies.

Strategy works but not every strategy works for everyone. What works for you, may not work for me. A trader needs to find a strategy that works for him. It takes a lot of time to test strategies.
That’s 100% right. All traders have their own approach to trading. It is important to test what works for you. That’s why backtesting is essential to become a profitable trader.