• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

AAFX Trading reviews

I guess we all have our reasons and doubts. For some people tight spreads matter more, others are willing to pay more in trading costs but want their broker to be regulated with no less than a SEC itself. I really think its worth to take into considerations all the dangers, but in my case when I trade actively every day and do hundreds of trades monthly, spreads really matter. None of the fully regulated brokers can offer me zero commissions like AAFX can. Probably if AAFX didn’t have St Vincent’s license and has not been authorised by the government in the country of registration, I would have been looking for a different option. But as long as technically the company is fully legal but simply does not want to obey limitations that SEC and EU regulators impose on brokerages - I’m ok with the deal.

Same story hear. I really wanted to choose one of the top world class brokers. but their trading conditions would have made my account bleed with all their commissions, spreads, and withdrawal fees. Had to rely on trusted reviews from the people I more or less know and … well may be I’ve just chosen AAFX intuitively. So far I can’t really say much about withdrawals. But executions work better than I ever hope they would. Can’t say same as with demo, but definitely better in comparison to what I’ve seen before.

IMHO your arguments make sense (apart from the one about intuition, lol), however I must agree with the position that it's better to trust regulated brokerages. Yes it might be a bit more expensive to trade with them, but at least you know this is a 100% reliable company.

Unfortunately regulated does not equal reliable. Any company no matter how many licenses it has got, is under the risk of running into financial or other kind of troubles. Have you never heard of Lehman Brothers collapse? I’m not trying to persuade anyone, cause this is personal choice of each trader and I might be wrong in my opinion. But I know regulations always have restrictions on the other side. The more restrictions are imposed on a company, the more chances it has got to knowingly or unknowingly break these rules, get sanctions, go out of business. Restrictions of regulators are meant to protect retail customers of these brokers, not brokers themselves.

I’d also have to add that even though authorities restrictions are meant to protect retail traders, sometimes they work against traders. I mean the situation with leverage that is really strange at the moment. US and EU retail traders can’t get leverage above 1:20 if they choose to trade with a regulated broker. I understand the concerns of excessive leverage, but on the other hand I think that age restriction is enough. Grown up people must be able to choose the appropriate risk level themselves.

Agh, I've seen some gorwnups who really need to trade with such a life vest on their account. This is why they do this. So that one kamikaze trader does not collaps the whole system with his approach and moaning about his account going into deeply negative balance because of a single 1:5000 leveraged trade.

Well, I won’t be so arrogant saying the system can collapse because of some kamikazee retail trader. It’s gotta be a kamikazee bank or hedge fund :D

you definitely underestimate the power of a crowd. This is not just a one retail trader that can make any difference in world economics. But a crowd of individual traders can. This is why this is important for any decent brokerage to have some sort of safety rules that can help if something goes wrong very fast. there must be a plan for such situations.

Don’t you think that AAFX negative balance protection claim can work in this case? If smth goes to dogs really fast?

Personally I think that negative balance protection is great. And its great aafx has got it. But firstly I think this is great cause it protects me from unexpected black swans of the world economics. Secondly, I think it great cause a brokerage must have some firm ground beneath their feet to offer such a feature. They must be sure they are capable to manage the situation when the market gets too volatile. They must be sure they can execute orders fast enough. Looks like this broker has got this confidence.

Don’t fool yourself. They only do so because they are interested in fast executions themselves. Negative balance protection attracts more customers. They earn more money in this case. If they protect their clients simultaneously - this is a side effect of the marketing strategy.

True, but you forget that negative balance can happen not only due to external events. AAFX allows working with big leverage. Extreme leverage can lead to extreme losses in case you don’t know how to use it. This is nice they not only offer such leverage, but accept the responsibility for outcomes. Once again, it’s all based on how fast they can notice the problem (i.e that the trader has entered a trade with extreme leverage right before FOMC meeting) and fix it (if they can close such a trade exactly at margin call, not later than that).

Guys, I’ve had a really weird trade with AAFX this Tuesday. Looks like a scam to me but I’d love to hear some opinions, cause I suspect I might be missing something here. See, I’ve had a trade on EURUSD opened on Monday. It looked quite nice, I left it overnight, all Tuesday it was going very well and has nearly got to the target. But then there was a sudden up move that took the money away from me. There were no scheduled important news or anything on the investing.com economic calendar.
Was it exactly the case how brokers manipulate charts?
I’ve had the stop moved to break-even already, so nothing bad happened really, but I’ve had around $100 of unrealized profit at certain time so I am a bit depressed here about the situation. Was it AAFX fault? Should I change the broker ASAP?
Marked the entry and exit points with arrows.

Attachments

• AAFXEURUSDTrade.jpg
    AAFXEURUSDTrade.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 239
All these binary options and cryptocurrency companies are scams, I lost a huge amount of money. Things have turned good for me, being that I was able to recover my investments thanks to Recovery Pro. You can mail me if you are interested in the means I used to get my money back. Rachelmillr4 {at} gmai,l dt com
I only wonder whether its possible to make a living knowing only two keyboard combinations CTRL+C & CTRL+V?" Everyone knows "recovery" companies are scams that take advantage of people who have lost their money being scammed once or being dumb enough to trade with no strategy and no risk control. However, if someone gets fooled with this "forum member" with 2 copy-pasted messages, he probably deserves to be fooled, lol. The scam is so obvious!

Federal Reserve has cut the rates unexpectedly by 0.5% (which is an awful lot) on March 3rd. I’ve had a big fail day last Tuesday as well and I don’t think this has anything to do with the brokerage. Broker is only responsible for how much you’ve lost with a slippage on such a rapid move. My fellow traders have lost some money with slippages when their pending entries got executed along with attached stops in a minute with some slippage as well. So how much have you lost on this trade? this is the only question that can help us understand how bad was AAFX in this particular situation.

I bet that won’t be too much. I’ve had the similar situation - had one open position at AAFX that day, which ended up with a stop loss. Didn’t notice much slippage.

Gotcha. Thank you for the detailed answer. Yeah, I’ve learnt by now what’s happened to the market. No suspicions about AAFX anymore. I’ve lost a total of $2.55 which is not a tragedy for sure.

Attachments

• AAFX EURUSD loss.jpg
    AAFX EURUSD loss.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 229
Not bad at all! AAFX has some fast servers for sure. People had up to 50 pips slippages March 3rd for Euro USD with other brokers. Also there is one more thing I’ve noticed just now on your chart which can kinda help explain you how brokers usually manipulate the charts. Definitely not by simply sending the price where it was never supposed to be like you suspected. Broker can’t simply draw some move on the market that has actually not been there (well, sometimes they do, but that’s a different story) - this would have been too obvious.
You see on your chart the point, where the price has nearly hit your break-even (at 1.115)? I’ve marked it with a blue circle. A cheating broker would have said the price really hit your break-even there. They would manipulate the quotes to make your stop loss order work as a magnet for price. Such a small gap between actual price and your stop loss would have become a real stop loss with a scam broker. The fact that AAFX did not use such a chance is yet another point to this broker’s score.
aafx where it could be a scam.jpg

Hey everyone! I wanted to conduct a little survey here. As you see, the volatility on the market has changed a lot recently. I’m a bit panicking here, because I used to trade with about $20 stops per trade, but now it’s not enough to trade with the same lot size. How do you manage the situation? Increase stops? Decrease lot size? Something else?

Generally, it’s recommended to decrease the lot size to keep the risk per trade on 1-3% of depo level. This is like the golden rule for day traders. But the thing is that if depo is not that big (and many forex traders have under $1K accounts), it can be wise to increase the risk per trade or you won’t be motivated enough with your profits.