• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

Between Forex Trading and Stocks Trading

Forex trading is a business that seems to be the rave of the moment with so many always wishing to know how it works. Though it has been around but it seems the popularity increased only recently thereby making more people want to join it.

Stocks on the other hand has been on for a very long time and has been known for shares and purchase of same by the public and interested individuals. This has been the general idea about stocks but some say one can trade in it just like Forex.

Have you ever traded in Stocks and how is it if compared with Forex.

Stock and Forex could be something that we can compare, but that is but only a few can we compare, and basically stock and forex is different, and we see many people who profit in the both type of this business, so far i see that stock is about investment while forex is all about trade.

There are short term day trading in stocks as well and very similar to forex but less incentive like not open 24 hours and also perhaps not as lucrative as forex and volume is lower definitely. However, nyse is there for those who do want to trade stocks but those who traded both said that forex is so much better. I think forex is quick and easy profit while its longer and harder in long term investment in stocks but it works for your retirement and kids and its sure way to make money, interest compounded quarterly and increase in price annually and therefore good for retirement and sure income if you can buy the right one.

Stock and Forex could be something that we can compare, but that is but only a few can we compare, and basically stock and forex is different, and we see many people who profit in the both type of this business, so far i see that stock is about investment while forex is all about trade.

That as well is the impression I used to have about stocks even long before now as when I invested in one, I never had any reason to trade, what was required of me was the investment capital and some other qualifying document. I was going through some posts in some forums when some posters where saying one can still trade in it.

You can also trade in stock. There is day trading in stocks just like in forex. You can make such profit as well but the volume in stocks is lower than forex and less benefits than forex like not 24 hours and perhaps terms and conditions are far stricter and less lucrative. So in stocks, there is investment and then trading as well.

You can trade in stocks just like forex but the spread is not the same with forex, the capital is higher, it is lesa profitable but with less risk. It may become as popular as forex in time to come but it cannot gain the attention forex gained.

Stocks can be good in long term view but its not as profitable in day trading though. I mean day trading in stocks requires high capital and stocks are so low in volume and movement when compared to forex. I will not day trade stocks when there is forex so I recommend people to switch over to forex due to lesser capital and such. Its so much fun in forex. I will never day trade stocks though, only long term investments only as its safer than day trade.

I am basically a stock trader who entered into forex trading only a few months back. Stock trading is highly capital intensive. The maximum leverage I have seen in stock trading is 1:10. It is mostly in the ratio of 1:4. Also, the returns will not be this high. However, there are some advantages as well in stock trading. These include dividends, stock splits and bonus. In the long run, an investor makes a plenty of money from stocks. Both are different ways of investment. A balance is very much required to negate risk and realize optimum returns.

I prefer forex overall cause of the convenience it offers. I like 24 hours and also very low capital and bonus in forum posing and bonus upon deposit and fast liquidation as well. Volume is so much higher in forex than in stocks. Many are involved in forex while few in stocks. You need money to do stocks. You need like above five k sometimes to make any kind of profit while that is not true in forex. You can make good profit with just one hundred beer money of yours. I mean if you party thousands of dollars away per month, you can double it in forex, and that is why I prefer forex, low capital.

I am basically a stock trader who entered into forex trading only a few months back. Stock trading is highly capital intensive. The maximum leverage I have seen in stock trading is 1:10. It is mostly in the ratio of 1:4. Also, the returns will not be this high. However, there are some advantages as well in stock trading. These include dividends, stock splits and bonus. In the long run, an investor makes a plenty of money from stocks. Both are different ways of investment. A balance is very much required to negate risk and realize optimum returns.
I think the high advantage that the stocks have over that of Forex is that on a longer run, the investor feels the profits the more. And in cases of shares, you as an investor with the company stand a better chance to buy more shares from the firm which is not declared openly.

I think the high advantage that the stocks have over that of Forex is that on a longer run, the investor feels the profits the more. And in cases of shares, you as an investor with the company stand a better chance to buy more shares from the firm which is not declared openly.

OK, have you seen on the news lately, a man who bought $20 of bitcoin three years ago now have $800,000 k of it so it grew astronomically. This is the results of stocks in the long run, so its good for your kids or retirement. The profit and growth is for sure with dividends, compounded quarterly and growth in stock prices and all else so its really swelling with stocks as well but it takes time however with less risks. I wish I would have bought that $20 of bitcoin.

Bitcoin is similar to currency and I don't understand why you see it as stock. The future of all currencies, Gold, Bitcoin, etc is still unclear and controversial. While in stock market, if you see a company has promising growth potential then you can feel safe to invest in that company, regardless the price of that stock could go down after months.

Last edited:
Its good to trade in stocks trading if you have big trading capital as you can just end up having small trading capital but you can end up having big profit if you know how to trade. But in forex trading you can end up having big loses and become a loser if you don't know how to trade.

Stocks carry a certainty that you can't find in forex sometimes cause if you buy from the right company, the price has no where to go but up so there are many chance to make profit in stocks in the long run. Especially if you put high capital in it, and then get quarterly compounded dividends and reinvestment, it will be really good when you reached retirement.

Last edited:
Stock trading can be a be a very good investment for retirement. That is to say, it is mainly invested and left to grow and not just something you wish to reap from immediately. You can allow it mature over a long period of time and then will you enjoy it more.

Actually, there is much difference between Forex and Stock markets.
1. Forex is considered to be over-the-counter exchange. It means that you can trade Forex from anywhere in the world, even using an iPhone or an iPad. As for Stock market it is centralized, i.e. it is located mainly in one place, like New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
2. Due to the high liquidity of the Forex market, margins are low and leverage is high. In Stock markets it is just not possible to find such low margin rates. A trader in Stock Markets needs to make larger investments.
3. Commission in Stock market is much higher than in Forex market. Traditional Stock brokers ask for commission fees in addition to spreads. Spot Forex brokers take only spreads as their commission.

@Suresh, that's a clean difference in between and I guess the more reason some believe that though they look the same in most aspects, they still have distinct differences.

@Daisy, I guess the stocks should clearly be seen as a bsiness which we can only hope to reap from in a long run rather than see it a short term investment.

Its always good if we can trade in forex trading. I do believe we can make good income in forex if we do see ourselves making really good income. I'm so happy with the way things are for me in forex trading. Eventually we can all be making one big trade.

I think stock market and forex the both are not same two sector are totaly different so as per my experience stock market is a investment of long term where you can gain and loss is too small if your prediction will strong another site forex is totaly opposite.

Actually, there is much difference between Forex and Stock markets.
1. Forex is considered to be over-the-counter exchange. It means that you can trade Forex from anywhere in the world, even using an iPhone or an iPad. As for Stock market it is centralized, i.e. it is located mainly in one place, like New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
2. Due to the high liquidity of the Forex market, margins are low and leverage is high. In Stock markets it is just not possible to find such low margin rates. A trader in Stock Markets needs to make larger investments.
3. Commission in Stock market is much higher than in Forex market. Traditional Stock brokers ask for commission fees in addition to spreads. Spot Forex brokers take only spreads as their commission.
Nice comment here, well i will also comment all of your post here
1. I agree with this that is right that Stock is centralized while forex is not a decentralized because we have a lot of liquidity provider around the world(Bank), but profitability still same between stock and forex.
2.That is right because Stock does not have high leverage just like forex do, but if you are forex US trader it will be hard to use higher leverage, the highest leverage you can use is 1:50 only.