• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

Thinking outside the box?

I would like to post a thread about thinking outside the box..

I mean honestly.. There must be some great ways to make high probability high profit trades in the forex market that go against the typical trader mindset..

So please bend the rules.. go against the trend.. find some weird patterns or completely insane ideas that just work and we can figure out why they work later.

Post your ideas and responses to other traders out of the box methods.. I'll start with some of mine

RULE #1: Only comment on other traders "out of the box" ideas in a manner of positive criticism.

This should be a fun discussion I'll start!

Here is a rough idea of how I view the box.. pretty much its about the majority of traders from inside out.. looking for unconventional thinking to find a new method.. yeah its very hard to get outside the box but lets see if we can find something that is outside and makes money (aka not just random, it must still have some logic.. even if the only logic is.. look at the chart it works kinda logic)

Its not a perfect model so suggestions welcome... and yeah it doesnt look like a box cuz I drew lines to line it up.. haha

PS: I am also opening the thread to any idea.. it doesn't need to be "outside the box" just some interesting thought or perspective.. I'm sick of reading "this is not outside the box..." I'm just interested in seeing some insightful ideas and perspectives at the very least

This is adventurism. Its can be successful in short term but long term its not. In short its not reliable. That's why its important that we use what is standard and common because that kind of approach and strategy is tested and proven that is working so why change it? But in case you really want to do that. Try it in demo account and make sure you trade for three months using that new strategy to know if its really working or not.

That is indeed good tips for forex trading. Although, it is still in our hands to make better in forex trading since we are the one who trade and we have our own decision this is only the guide and tips from the experts and have experienced the trading in forex.

i think if you are good trader already only then you can or should think out of the box. but for us beginners in forex, we should stick with the basic and trade according to what we have read and learned.

learn the basic things, because then you'll be able to understand much more about the development of the knowledge that you get, I know it is kind of boring to learn something basic, but there you can start all of your plan strategy

Yes, it is. It depends on us, on the market, on our trading strategy used. As these will mean all and not only one can mean of the reason why you have good trades or bad trades. So far, every basics are important and not always rush as we know that trading needs patience and there's no easy way to win in forex trading.

in every trend there is always temporary pullback before the trend continue move. maybe good to take advantage from this pullback move but the risk is bigger than when our order support the trend. need more courage and experience to act disobey the text book.

Its good to think outside the box but as long you already know what is inside the box. its like having a glass. You pour water on it and if its full its going to spill. But don't spill the water when your glass its not yet full. Just imagine theirs many spilled water but your glass is empty. lols.
Now apply this reasoning in forex.

Sincerely i wouldn't be advicing anyone going outside the box in real life trading.i think trying it out using the demo accoumt would be the best to me then if it works perfectly then testing it in the real account wouldn't be a bad idea.

If you go anything against the ordinary, most likely you would lose money. There could be the odd time where you make an insane or odd trade which gets you huge profit, but most other times you would just find that it doesn't work and end up losing more than you have gained in the firs place.

Thinking outside the box is good thin. Be unique and you will going to earn money. Because you are the pioneer with that strategy and the forex market is not yet accustom to that. But once every body is using the same strategy its will not going to work.
That's why its important that we always innovate.

I think it is a good idea to not always go with the flow. I mean do not just do what other traders are doing. You need to develop your own style. A unique style that you only knew and of coarse you can have this by thinking outside of the box. Be more imaginative and make your mind work. You might just discover something that could make rise above the rest in forex trading.

I think it is a good idea to not always go with the flow. I mean do not just do what other traders are doing. You need to develop your own style. A unique style that you only knew and of coarse you can have this by thinking outside of the box. Be more imaginative and make your mind work. You might just discover something that could make rise above the rest in forex trading.
What the use? You mean you want to experiment? Its okay to try to develop your own style but that's if you already making money in forex trading. But if you are newbies you need to learn all basic first before thinking of developing your own strategy. because in the end you end up making more loses that making profits.

I think in order for one to succeed while thinking outside of the box, he must know what box he is in. While it is true that many successful people in various aspects of life have walked outside of convention and developed their own style, these same successful people took the time to learn about the imposed limits of "the box." Also a lot of successful people have actually faced a lot of failure before finally breaking through.

I agree with both budado and valexer. You both make good and valid points.

i thikn that we can learn how to be successful in forex as we get experience. we can't just believe or be successful the way other traders succeed. sometimes we have to succeed in our own way.

Yes, before being successful in Forex trading you will face lots of failures because those failures will teaches you, and makes you understand better that's why if you are afraid with failures then Forex trading is not for you.

I don't know why do we need to think outside the box. For me even I'm going to look inside the box its going to take more time for me to realize what is inside the box. So in short for me its better that we don't spend our time in forex trading thinking out side the box if we don't even fully understand what is inside the box.

I have one of the best idea to trade is to make your trade for long time with trend and when trend go back for 100 pips make your trade close it is best trading style for me to make money very safely without making big risk.

What do you mean by make your trade long time wel as long as I know the major things is just that we need to learn all what it take succeed in forex trading first before we can proceed to any other thing in here forex trading is very difficult so be it long term or shor term it dose not really matter its your analysis that tells it all.